New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I can think of three things:

1. How many devices do you have on your network?
    2. Do you hear modem-like sounds when using your telephone? You shouldn't be.
    3. Press any number (to kill the dial tone) and listen carefully for any noise. You should only hear absolute silence. If you hear static and/or humming noises, that will definitely interfere with the DSL signaling.
    Sa case ko...
    5-7 devices (if unstable I disconnect other devices)
    ang weird actually nung nangyayari sa telephone namin, para syang dial-up. Kapag iaangat ko ang phone mawawala ang internet. Mamatay light indicators sa modem. At kapag tatawagan ko yung landline same thing ang nangyayari. Sinubukan ko idisconnect ang wire ng phone then tinawagan ko landline, same thing once na mag ring mawawala internet.
    And yes ang daming noise kapag mag press ako ng number kahit yung default sound lang kapag iniangat ko phonr, ang daming noise. Yung tunog nya parang kumukonek sa space alien. hahaha Globe Internet Service and DSL Sucks!Globe Internet Service and DSL Sucks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^sounds like a splitter or telephone handset problem. The function of splitter is to isolate the low voice frequency from modem frequency kaya abnormal yung may modem-tone not unless the modem is baseband which in these days of ADSL technology mga V dot discreet multi-tone na ang encoding kya wlakana maririnig sa line. Yung dial-tone ng handset may battery voltage for the ringer kaya minsan kung grounded o nabasa linya na pickup din yung noise.

Theoretically the maximum limit of copper is 15mb, it gets lower depending on line quality and distance. Kaya kung madumi linya, bagal connection or worse bibitaw yung modem.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Wala ako vpn. Sa android lang vpn front-end for ad blocking pero sa router wala. Eto yung ping mukhang may mataas. Line problem na to or router?
    Monitor lang sir which segment gets RTO tuwing nadidisconect ka. Naka VPN yung LAN at nka mask yung public iP siguro nagkakaubusan na ng iP. Ang pwede mo monitor i-ping yung first hop LAN then yung first visible public iP(google). 3digits latency maybe normal kung may traffic, ang abnormal yung bungi-bungi and consistent hi latency.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Monitor lang sir which segment gets RTO tuwing nadidisconect ka. Naka VPN yung LAN at nka mask yung public iP siguro nagkakaubusan na ng iP. Ang pwede mo monitor i-ping yung first hop LAN then yung first visible public iP(google). 3digits latency maybe normal kung may traffic, ang abnormal yung bungi-bungi and consistent hi latency.
    Ok sir, thanks for the big help. I learned a lot from you.

Naka schedule na yung technician bukas. Which I hope na pumasok man lang sa bahay. Minsan kasi tamad ang technicians pumunta sa bahay. Hanggang dun sa box lang sa main road.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I can think of three things:

1. Most consumer-grade routers including those provided by the telco, may not have the horsepower and resources to handle all your devices. How many devices do you have on your network?
    2. Check or replace the DSL filter. Do you hear modem-like sounds when using your telephone? You shouldn't be. Oftentimes, a power surge from a nearby lightning strike could could kill these filters.
    3. Remove everything from the telco line and just connect your phone. Press any number (to kill the dial tone) and listen carefully for any noise. You should only hear absolute silence. If you hear static and/or humming noises, that will definitely interfere with the DSL signaling.
    I have my own wifi router dun naka connect lahat ng device, then pass to load balancing router then globe.

Yung DSL filter naman sana isa yan sa palitan ng tech bukas, scheduled sila pumunta, sana dumating. Although I don't know kung may DSL filter ang Globe namin. Sa router modem kasi naka connect yung landline at sa software ng Globe dalawa connection nga, isang internet at isang voip.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^ping response from windows command prompt isnt as robust as with unix, linux or android

Try to install a terminal app from your android phone then run "ping 8.8.8.8"

Watch out for the "icmp_seq=number", the number should be incremental. If it's not, then there are lost packets in your connection

Another thing to observe is the "time=something", where something is the time it took for the packet sent from your device to get back or the round trip time

You can also compare the "time=something" from "ping 8.8.8.8" with "ping <router ip address>". The time with the router should always be less or faster than with 8.8.8.8 (Google domain name server)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Ok sir, thanks for the big help. I learned a lot from you.

Naka schedule na yung technician bukas. Which I hope na pumasok man lang sa bahay. Minsan kasi tamad ang technicians pumunta sa bahay. Hanggang dun sa box lang sa main road.

I'd suggest papalitan yung modem para 1 less to isolate, if nag recur then hi chance palabas na problem. Walang proper loop tester mga technician they rely on continuity tester nung pang trace ng linya which is limited to full short/open test. Common causes ng erroneous/intermittent line are high loss/loop/ hi-resistance, 1-side open, grounded/corroded. Kung papayag sila palitan narin yung line.

You mentioned load balancer, possible point-of-failure din may issue sa negotiation ng ethernet baka half-duplex na dedetect kahit nka full or auto yung router. Eto ba sir gamit mo UN/PW for the fiberhome modem? username: admin / password: 3UJUh2VemEfUtesEchEC2d2e

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Sa case ko...
    5-7 devices (if unstable I disconnect other devices)
    ang weird actually nung nangyayari sa telephone namin, para syang dial-up. Kapag iaangat ko ang phone mawawala ang internet. Mamatay light indicators sa modem. At kapag tatawagan ko yung landline same thing ang nangyayari. Sinubukan ko idisconnect ang wire ng phone then tinawagan ko landline, same thing once na mag ring mawawala internet.
    And yes ang daming noise kapag mag press ako ng number kahit yung default sound lang kapag iniangat ko phonr, ang daming noise. Yung tunog nya parang kumukonek sa space alien. hahaha Globe Internet Service and DSL Sucks!Globe Internet Service and DSL Sucks!
    Two things may be happening...

1. If your broadband connection goes out when you use the phone, your filter is defective, missing, or mis-wired. You can have the telco replace it or you can buy one from Ace, Handyman, etc. for immediate gratification.
    2. Your line may be noisy due to interference, loose connection, etc. Sometime, rain will have an effect as water is conductive.

If you hear something like the following, it means that your DSL and voice signals are interfering with each other due to a faulty or missing DSL filter... or even if you mis-wired the filter.

The 2nd half of this video demonstrates what DSL sounds like while connected and you abruptly lifted the phone (audio taken from a dial-up modem as they have similar audio signatures, only DSL has a higher pitch).

If you hear the following, your line is dirty.

9. Join Date
    May 2019
    Two things may be happening...

1. If your broadband connection goes out when you use the phone, your filter is defective, missing, or mis-wired. You can have the telco replace it or you can buy one from Ace, Handyman, etc. for immediate gratification.
    2. Your line may be noisy due to interference, loose connection, etc. Sometime, rain will have an effect as water is conductive.

If you hear something like the following, it means that your DSL and voice signals are interfering with each other due to a faulty or missing DSL filter... or even if you mis-wired the filter.

The 2nd half of this video demonstrates what DSL sounds like while connected and you abruptly lifted the phone (audio taken from a dial-up modem as they have similar audio signatures, only DSL has a higher pitch).

If you hear the following, your line is dirty.
    Thank you Sir oj88!! Yung sa video start 0:17 yun po exact sound kapag ini-angat phone at kahit mag dial ako number.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Thank you Sir oj88!! Yung sa video start 0:17 yun po exact sound kapag ini-angat phone at kahit mag dial ako number.
    Yup, kaya bagsak signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) mo. Another way to put it, mataas yung noise floor.

Check all your connections from the modem going back to the utility box.

I used to have a cordless phone so bitbit ko yun at pinakikinggan ko kung nagbabago yung noise kapag ginagalaw ko mga connections. That way, kung sa wiring mo yung problem, pwede mo pang maayos on your own.

But if the problem is beyond the utility box, kailangan telco na tiitingin.

To summarize, you have two problems... faulty DSL filter and a noisy line.

We were on PLDT DSL from 2001 to 2018. Been to this situation and it's very frustrating. I hope maayos yung sayo or mapalitan ng fiber.

Good luck!