New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    so nakakaconnect ka pa din sa wlan but no "internet" access?
    you can check the modem network status sa router admin interface.

else, baka me tumitira lang ng wifi router mo...doing some deauth attacks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If you have access at the modem, check line performance if SNR is low(below 10dB) and attenuation (higher than 10dB), and if line errors are incrementing. If there are such issues in the line, there is a high probability of a line problem causing intermittency and modem hang-up(fix the line issue before proceeding with modem replacement). You can always request for modem replacement free of charge, as long as damage is not caused by negligence, just state in your report that the modem is intermittent and link normalizes everytime its re-booted. Insist replacement for isolation purposes and always ask for the reference number.

Possible din DDNS attack pero mostly dynamic ang WAN you could always renew the iP. Worst is network problem or the VDSL port or a bad route, but based on the initial description of isolation mukhang modem or line problem.
    Last edited by 12vdc; November 8th, 2020 at 08:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    If you have access at the modem, check line performance if SNR is low(below 10dB) and attenuation (higher than 10dB), and if line errors are incrementing. If there are such issues in the line, there is a high probability of a line problem causing intermittency and modem hang-up(fix the line issue before proceeding with modem replacement). You can always request for modem replacement free of charge, as long as damage is not caused by negligence, just state in your report that the modem is intermittent and link normalizes everytime its re-booted. Insist replacement for isolation purposes and always ask for the reference number.

Possible din DDNS attack pero mostly dynamic ang WAN you could always renew the iP. Worst is network problem or the VDSL port or a bad route, but based on the initial description of isolation mukhang modem or line problem.
    Sir, saan dito yung SNR and 2 yung attenuation eh. Also this is in working state. Should wait for it to get disconnected before reading it again?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Parang line problem nga, mababa SNR mo while mataas attenuation. Dapat kasi wag tataas yung attenuation above SNR.

Try mo sir check yung xDSL line performance makikita dun yung errored seconds, unavailable secs, line errors CRC errors, etc. Kung incrementing yun ibig sabihin line problem or minsan naghihingalo na yung modem and port need na palitan. Bungi-bungi ba ang ping test mo at mataas(3digits) latency kahitsa gateway point-to-point ping test? Check mo sa WAN status DHCP kung ano yung pt2pt iP for the ping or mag traceroute na lang to check next hop gateway.

Kung hindi makita yung line performance baka pwede itanong sa cs, nakikita nila sa katapat na modem/DSLAM yan. May modems/CPE kasi na locked yung admin mode secret yung pW.
    Last edited by 12vdc; November 8th, 2020 at 09:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Parang line problem nga, mababa SNR mo while mataas attenuation. Dapat kasi wag tataas yung attenuation above SNR.

Try mo sir check yung xDSL line performance makikita dun yung errored seconds, unavailable secs, line errors CRC errors, etc. Kung incrementing yun ibig sabihin line problem or minsan naghihingalo na yung modem and port need na palitan. Bungi-bungi ba ang ping test mo at mataas(3digits) latency kahitsa gateway point-to-point ping test? Check mo sa WAN status DHCP kung ano yung pt2pt iP for the ping or mag traceroute na lang to check next hop gateway.

Kung hindi makita yung line performance baka pwede itanong sa cs, nakikita nila sa katapat na modem/DSLAM yan. May modems/CPE kasi na locked yung admin mode secret yung pW.
    Di ko makita xdsl line performance. Yung trace route at ping nang nakita ko. Tama na ginawa ko?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    VPN ba bro connection mo? the WAN is using private iP so either nka VPN or VLAN trunk sa carrier. Try mo traceroute outside modem GUI, sa DOS shell/ command prompt mo run yung trcert and ping to include the WAN/LAN NAT on the hops. Locked nga siguro yang Huawei modem to restrict tweaking by subscriber.

You--WiFi--CPE/modem--DSLAM--Aggregator Network--PE router--Intrnet

Try mo lang ping kahit google.com -t or DNS 8.8.8.8
    Last edited by 12vdc; November 8th, 2020 at 10:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    VPN ba bro connection mo? the WAN is using private iP so either nka VPN or VLAN trunk sa carrier. Try mo traceroute outside modem GUI, sa DOS shell/ command prompt mo run yung trcert and ping to include the WAN/LAN NAT on the hops. Locked nga siguro yang Huawei modem to restrict tweaking by subscriber.

You--WiFi--CPE/modem--DSLAM--Aggregator Network--PE router--Intrnet

Try mo lang ping kahit google.com -t or DNS 8.8.8.8
    Wala ako vpn. Sa android lang vpn front-end for ad blocking pero sa router wala. Eto yung ping mukhang may mataas. Line problem na to or router?

Last edited by BratPAQ; November 9th, 2020 at 12:06 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    ganyan din original issue ko.. pinalitan na nila router ko at nagpalit na din ng wires simula sub-box hanggang bahay (free charge). Nag ok lang ng 1-2 weeks tapos bumalik yung issue.. Nung bumalik Globe Tech nawala landline, bumaba speed lalo na upload.. di na nila maayos sa main box, gawa ng "permit issue" ayaw sila papasukin sa area ng main box.
    Game over na sa area ko, saklap.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I had this problem several years ago, like Ms Eks, I had everything replaced, yup pati ung wire, yet it persisted for 6 months, then it was magically fixed. I suspect their service really had a problem during this time. I had not way to confirm, all my close neighbors were all PLDT.

Despite this, I remained with them not because I was loyal, but because PLDT did not act on my application, they just called to confirm and that was it. So, I stayed with Globe for the next 7 years till we left our house.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I can think of three things:

1. Most consumer-grade routers including those provided by the telco, may not have the horsepower and resources to handle all your devices. How many devices do you have on your network?
    2. Check or replace the DSL filter. Do you hear modem-like sounds when using your telephone? You shouldn't be. Oftentimes, a power surge from a nearby lightning strike could could kill these filters.
    3. Remove everything from the telco line and just connect your phone. Press any number (to kill the dial tone) and listen carefully for any noise. You should only hear absolute silence. If you hear static and/or humming noises, that will definitely interfere with the DSL signaling.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast