New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    was doing some backreading and i saw this thread.

GH, if you dont mind me asking, how do you use this timer with some lights in your condo?

thanks!
    Simplest way is to plug your table or floor lamps to the timer. If some lamps are near to each other, you can use an extension cord to connect two or more lamps to a single timer.

If you want to "timer" fixed lighting, you'll need to rewire those lights with an electric plug (and electric socket) at the electric breaker box. This is what we did for our office security lights.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Or use, CFLs (like Akari) with photosensor.... A bit pricey though,- like P~370 per CFL.....

14.5K:higop:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Or use, CFLs (like Akari) with photosensor.... A bit pricey though,- like P~370 per CFL.....
    CFLs with photosensor simply means it would be lit the entire night. Great if you want to leave the light on all night but for those who want it turned on for a few hours a night, the timer solution would be better.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    LED floodlight rated 30 watts actual consumption 32 watts.
    LED tube light direct replacement for 36 watt flourescent light rated 18 watts measured at 19 watts.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Totoo ba ung mga binebenta sa Handy man na energy saving device?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^^ Yung bang plug in lang sa outlet na energy saving device? I think its more of a capacitor than a real energy saving device.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

yes sir, they plug it in and show you the reduce amps reading via digital meter. may guaranty pa based on your meralco billings kung magkano ang i-reduce.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    ^^ Yung bang plug in lang sa outlet na energy saving device? I think its more of a capacitor than a real energy saving device.
    It is just a capacitor. Useful only if you have electric motor loads.... but who has low efficiency motor loads anymore (unless you own antique electric fans)? Useless product.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is just a capacitor. Useful only if you have electric motor loads.... but who has low efficiency motor loads anymore (unless you own antique electric fans)? Useless product.

Sir GH, so unrealistic ung 10-20% decrease in electricity consumption?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
GADGET: OMNI Digital Power Reader