New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My processor is an AMD A8 3870k, and have installed 4gig RAM, my GPU is a GT240 ddr5. Everything is smooth. However, I have heard that compared to an Intel processor, my procie is far behind, especially in the multitasking capabilities. My question is would adding another 4gig RAM improve my system's multitasking capacity? Or would I just be wasting my money on the additional RAM?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

What is your OS, bro?

Mare-recognize ba naman ng OS mo ang memory over 4GB?

16.9K:spam:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    My processor is an AMD A8 3870k, and have installed 4gig RAM, my GPU is a GT240 ddr5. Everything is smooth. However, I have heard that compared to an Intel processor, my procie is far behind, especially in the multitasking capabilities. My question is would adding another 4gig RAM improve my system's multitasking capacity? Or would I just be wasting my money on the additional RAM?
    Are you using a 64bit OS? If not then you wont be able to use the memory greater than 4gb.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Are you using a 64bit OS? If not then you wont be able to use the memory greater than 4gb.
    "Stable" na ba ang 64-bit OS, bro.?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup my OS is Win 7 64 bit. So it should recognize my additional 4GIG Ram, but would it help me in the aspect of multitasking? By the way, my mobo is asrock A75 where I upgrade my RAM up to 32gb
    Last edited by attyallanlatras; October 2nd, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    * attyallanlatras

As you say everything is smooth so I don't get why you would want to upgrade your rig. Key statement in your post is "I have heard". Maybe you're getting carried away by all those benchmarks. Intel procs do outperform current gen AMD but it matters only in heavy photo/video editing and extreme gaming. For normal day-to-day use like office productivity software, browsing, etc. you will hardly feel the difference between AMD and Intel.

What are you planning on multi-tasking? If it's just having a word document open and a browser with several tabs going at the same time then your setup is just fine. Sure you can add more ram but the performance difference will not be dramatic.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Can you define what do you mean by stable? App compatibility?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Can you define what do you mean by stable? App compatibility?
    Yes, bro.... Am still on 32-bit version Win7.... Moving to Win8(university release) in a short while....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

it's been stable for a while now. why are you guys still on the limited 32bit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what would be your use for an 8 gb ram? do you do extensive multi-processing activities? kailangan mo ba mag virtualize ng PC mo? may calculations ka ba na ginagawa? are you a developer?

to check if your RAM is still enough, check your systems performance.... kung ang RAM utilization mo is around 70% all of the time, kulang ang RAM mo....and you may need to add. kung hindi naman, hindi naman kailangan....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Should I add another 4 gig RAM?