New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Can this accomodate motorized appliances like an AC? I'm just curious how much electricity per mode/temp consumes.
    Not sure, but it has a maximum capacity of 3000 watts.

also does it have some sort of periodic monitor wherein for X number of time (h;d) this is the consumption?

Thanks ^_^
    Yes it has a Kw/hr feature which tells you the actual amount of power your plugged-in device has consumed over the X period of time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My Panasonic 1.5HP Inverter split uses 1W in off/standby. During operation, it runs anywhere between 20W (with just the indoor blower running at speed 1) to 960W when it's in full blast (Blower speed 5 and temp set to 16C). The increase or decrease in power consumption (as inherent with most inverter types) is very gradual. It takes something like 3 or so mins. from 1W to 960W. There's no sudden in-rush of current.

With the compressor running at the slowest RPM (presumably), the consumption is about 80W.

But typically, with our usual setting of speed 1 and temp set to 26C, I observed that the power consumption goes anywhere between 20W to <500W and sits around 200-300W on average. It's hard to keep track of the output because of the variable-speed compressor. It more often reaches the high mark if people enter or leave the room frequently.

If I may add, I have a quad-core PC running in the same room 24x7. That would probably account for some additional dry heat.
    Last edited by oj88; November 22nd, 2010 at 01:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    oj88,

how did you measure your panasonic aircon electric consumption? Hindi ba split type aircons are wired directly to the circuit breaker.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    oj88,

how did you measure your panasonic aircon electric consumption? Hindi ba split type aircons are wired directly to the circuit breaker.
    The indoor unit has the standard 3-prong plug. The outdoor unit is wired to the indoor unit. The indoor unit powers/controls the outdoor unit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    My Panasonic 1.5HP Inverter split uses 1W in off/standby. During operation, it runs anywhere between 20W (with just the indoor blower running at speed 1) to 960W when it's in full blast (Blower speed 5 and temp set to 16C). The increase or decrease in power consumption (as inherent with most inverter types) is very gradual. It takes something like 3 or so mins. from 1W to 960W. There's no sudden in-rush of current.

With the compressor running at the slowest RPM (presumably), the consumption is about 80W.

But typically, with our usual setting of speed 1 and temp set to 26C, I observed that the power consumption goes anywhere between 20W to <500W and sits around 200-300W on average. It's hard to keep track of the output because of the variable-speed compressor. It more often reaches the high mark if people enter or leave the room frequently.

If I may add, I have a quad-core PC running in the same room 24x7. That would probably account for some additional dry heat.
    sir, how about your PC plus the monitor.. how much power it draws po? thanks!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    so you have measrued only the evaporator side? kaya pala maliit ang wattage.

The indoor unit has the standard 3-prong plug. The outdoor unit is wired to the indoor unit. The indoor unit powers/controls the outdoor unit.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacavanza View Post
    so you have measrued only the evaporator side? kaya pala maliit ang wattage.
    Wrong! Please re-read my post.

The outdoor unit is wired to the indoor unit, nowhere else. The outdoor unit gets power and control from the indoor unit.

(AC Plug)------ (Indoor Unit)=========(Outdoor Unit)

Legend:
    ---- (AC Cord with standard 3-prong plug)
    === (Three-conductor control and power wire for the outdoor unit)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The outdoor unit is wired to the indoor unit, nowhere else. The outdoor unit gets power and control from the indoor unit.

(AC Plug)------ (Indoor Unit)=========(Outdoor Unit)

Legend:
    ---- (AC Cord with standard 3-prong plug)
    === (Three-conductor control and power wire for the outdoor unit)
    Yup,- 960W is "indicative" of 1.5HP rating.....

11.4K:eathis:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks OJ88 for patiently answering my Qs.

I'd have a field day with this thing.

----

thanks also GH!
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 24th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thank you for clarifying

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
GADGET: OMNI Digital Power Reader