New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    happened to my friend before
    since its hacked. they changed pw. so cant access. she cant even close her own account
    she made another account and wrote multiple bulletins and sending multipple messages to her online frineds[whoever is in her friend's list]
    just to clear her name

yes friendster is sometimes
    evil

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Contact Friendster directly. They will shut down the account or reinstate a new one for you depending on what they are allowed to do. Provide your original email and password to them, to verify that it is you, and mention that it has been changed recently. They should be able to check your log in dates and passwords, etc.

If not then create another one, with a different email, password, and send multiple bulletins out. Just brace yourself for another attack.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    email mo yung friendster helpdesk.. have the account closed.. end of story.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    email mo yung friendster helpdesk.. have the account closed.. end of story.
    ditto!!! don't make simple things complicated.....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i did not close my friendster account for future evidence purposes (to retain the pictures and captions that were written) but i deleted all friends, personal information and changed the name.

i also have a new email account.

i tried to report to friendster but there was no action. i've told my friends and relatives to "report user" pero ala talagang nangyari. i don't have a proof that im the original user because the email account that was linked to that account was also hacked.

with regards to writing the DSL company, i don't think they will mind my letter because of the privacy issue nga. i really think the ip that was used is from an internet cafe..but since teritorial naman ang mga internet cafes, at least i can deduce kung sinong friend ko ang pumupunta sa cafe na yun or i can ask them if they're going to that cafe IF malalaman ko kung anong internet cafe yun. is it ok to post the IP address here? hindi ba against sa rules ng tsikot yun?

i was thinking of making a new friendster account also just to inform everybody that during that period of time, i was not the one using my frndster acct and explain everything kaya lang nawalan na ako ng gana. my friends are encouraging me to sign up again or sign up sa iba like multiply,etc.. pero nawalan talaga ako ng gana sa ganyang mga sites.

im trying to forget it, but the effect to me and my family are great. di na pumupunta friends ko sa bahay, and nawalan din ng gana family ko sa friends ko because they're thinking its my friends who did that and they're generalizing it. unfair to my other friends. i tried to explained to them pero nandun na yung doubt nila sa tao..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    btw, i tried to recover my hacked email account kaya lang i forgot the details that i wrote in the application. i even wrote a different birthday and other personal details.

that's another lesson that i've learned.. to write the correct datas and personal details, so, if ever you forgot your password, you can easily retrieve it.

after that incident, my friends and siblings changed all their passwords..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    It's just the internet for chrissakes...walk away with lessons learned. Get a better password, have better security questions, and use due diligence when clicking on links. I know this is old news but when you get on the internet, it is just like driving before going on the freeway. IF you don't learn to drive first, you can't go on expecting you're not going to crash.

As for your family and friends...well, harsh as it may seem, but if they're not open enough to learn the truth, then they don't deserve it.

One thing that strikes me, you say that this "hacker" was able to affect your friends relationship with your family and vice versa. I just think that for that to happen, he/she would have to have had some inside personal knowledge of both. A malicious hacker who has no idea who you are couldn't possibly have that much effect without having a more than skindeep knowledge of your friends and family.

Which makes me suspect that your erstwhile hacker just might be closer to you than you think...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    teka teka...bago ka magsayang ng oras kailangan mo munang alamin ang mga ito......

1.) diba ang ip addresses ay either static (fixed) or dynamic (variable)? what if kung ang ip address nya dynamic? di hindi mo rin malalaman kung sino talaga kasi everytime na nag log on ang isang internet subscriber na dynamic ang ip address, iba palagi (random) ang naka assign na ip address.

2.) assuming na static ang gamit nyang ip address, paano ka nakakasiguro na hindi sya nakikigamit ng internet ng iba? kagaya ng internet shop. pero most likely, karamihan naman ng internet shops ay naka broadband, so malaki ang chances na dynamic ang gamit na ip address.

yung case na ganito ay masyadong maliit sa ISP company para pagtuunan nila ng pansin. unless na national security threat, most likely sasabihin nila sa iyo ay kalimutan mo na. malungkot mang sabihin, pero kalimutan mo na bro at hwag ka nang magsayang ng oras.

at yung mga kaibigan mo, kung pinanga-ngalagahan nila ang pakikipagkaibigan nila sa iyo, dapat ay pakinggan ka nila at alamin ang tunay na nangyari. bibigyan ka ng "benefit of the doubt."
    +1 on this. bro malabo na mahabol mo yan. kung hacker nga yan eh sigurado alam nyan ginagawa nyan at malabo mo na ma-trace. Ask ko lang baka naman nag-access ka ng friendster at email sa mga cafe? baka kasi na-save yun password at username mo dun. kaya ikaw ang napag-tripan. kung tutuusin kasi bago mo makuha ang acct ng isang user sa friendster eh kailangan makuha nya ang admin access ng server nila so if that is the case eh di malamang marami na na-hack na acct since admin na access nya.

baka naka-save lang yung username mo saka password sa cafe or sa school pc or pc ng tropa mo. malas mo lang kung may nakadali sa yo ng keylogger. report mo na lang sa webmaster yun email saka friendster account mo. pa-close mo na lang tapos pa-inform mo na lang yun mga friends mo about sa pagkaka-hack ng friendster mo

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just to add kapag gagamit kayo ng internet sa mga cafe. delete ninyo yun cookies saka history para sure kayo na hindi na-save username at password ninyo

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    search mo sa mga search engines ang "ip locator". tapos sasabihin nya kung nasaan ang ip address at kung anong ISP company. pero kung random yun ip address nya, useless pa din. at kung gumamit sya ng ip anonymizer, di mo na sya makikilala.

gaya ng sinabi ng iba, most likely malapit din sa iyo ang gumawa nyan. hindi sya hacker. most likely, kaibigan mo, kapitbahay, school mate, o kamag anak mo na maraming alam sa personal na buhay mo kaya NAHULAAN nya password mo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
friendster trauma