New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    that's the reason I stopped using Firefox.

I've been using Maxthon (My IE2) na. tab junkie kasi ako eh.

here's a memory consumption comparison:

Firefox with 27 tab fully loaded pages. (Default, NO Add ons, not even personal favorites)

Maxthon with 27 tab fully loaded pages (with imageshack sidebar add ons only, with online stored favorites)

both has same weblinks opened.

maxthon can get even smaller when minimized.

the problem with maxthon is it uses IE engine. meaning, speed is just same or a little better than IE. and spell check is not live...

I have used Opera for quite sometime and I like it, but the memory consumption is just a little less with firefox.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... I also noticed this lately (and Mozilla has already acknowledged the problem). To compound my problems, McAfee is also hogging resource like crazy.

As I've read, the new version of Firefox should address the memory hog problem that has been reported lately. Also, there's a lot of compatibility issues with java scripts (my yahoo stattracker hangs sometimes). I had an issue before when opening PDFs but it's now running smoothly (especially when am viewing my online credit card statement).

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Safari da best!!!!

ambilis loading ng tsikot sa Safari hindi pa nagpi-freeze

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My problem with Firefox is when I'm printing a linked document. Nagko-close ang lahat ng tabs. It happens every time. I have to copy-paste the document pa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i'm using firefox. no problems whatsoever

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm using firefox. no problems whatsoever
    the question is, are you using the latest version?

kasi lahat ng problems ng firefox dito sa office started when we updated to the latest version on Windows XP and Mac OS X (wala pa report on Linux)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I had Firefox v2.0.0.11 and had no problems. I just upgraded to v2.0.0.12 and still have no problems. Of course, I never have more than 5 tabs open at once.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm using FF3 Beta, my only gripe is that my mouse gestures don't work with it hehe.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    the question is, are you using the latest version?

kasi lahat ng problems ng firefox dito sa office started when we updated to the latest version on Windows XP and Mac OS X (wala pa report on Linux)
    v2.0.0.12 gamit ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    that's the reason I stopped using Firefox.

I've been using Maxthon (My IE2) na. tab junkie kasi ako eh.

here's a memory consumption comparison:

Firefox with 27 tab fully loaded pages. (Default, NO Add ons, not even personal favorites)

Maxthon with 27 tab fully loaded pages (with imageshack sidebar add ons only, with online stored favorites)

both has same weblinks opened.

maxthon can get even smaller when minimized.

the problem with maxthon is it uses IE engine. meaning, speed is just same or a little better than IE. and spell check is not live...

I have used Opera for quite sometime and I like it, but the memory consumption is just a little less with firefox.
    This Maxthon browser got me curious. I seemed to like its interface, but I can't open multiple windows with this browser. I'd prefer a browser that can open multiple windows since me and my wife share 1 computer, we'd have our separate browser windows for browsing our preferred sites.

Opera browser is not recommended for tsikot forums. It just seems to load something eternally.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Firefox problems