New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep kaso hindi ko alam specs, it was my dad who bought it at the old virra mall

siyempre clone PC siya
    green monitor
    interesado lang ako sa games
    1-on-1 Dr.J vs Bird
    Olympics games...bilisan na pag pindot
    serpentine
    10k yata bili ni daddy
    and ofcourse kailangan mo ng DOS to run all of them he..he
    Last edited by kimpOy; August 31st, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i was six when my dad brought home a 386 computer. i played mario PC, and wolfenstein 3d on it. hehe.

i also cried when it got a virus. a friend of mine dropped by to install a batman game. turns out his floppy had a virus, and it caused the PC to crash. i was crying my heart out because i thought my dad would kill me for destroying the PC. but all went well when a computer technician my mom called fixed it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I remember writing lines of COBOL code on a sheet of paper similar to a graphing paper, where each block represents an alhpanumeric character. Most of the time, one app amounts to a thick wad of these things. We either then punch them in on the machine, or ask any of our juniors to do it for us. However, nothing beats the sheer time consuming activity of punching code on punch cards. One mistake, that's it and since each card has to be arranged sequentially, you better have a numbering system in place on your cards because you might trip on your way to the computer room and scatter every single bit of card on the floor - arranging them would be next to impossible.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Commodore 64 ... using cassete tape for storage and cartridge for games ... last thing i remember was programming it as a frequency counter, it worked up to 30kHz, good enough for audio signals

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    First ever PC - AT286, paper-white CRT, 5.25" and 3.5" floppy disk, no HDD, and 1 megabyte of RAM. I configured the extra 384 KB ram as a virtual drive. Yung usong MS-DOS nun Version 6.0
    Last edited by Galactus; August 31st, 2007 at 02:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a lot. Sharp MZ80A, Sinclair ZX81, an Taiwan made Apple compatible computer similarly shaped like a Commodore/Vic 20, an Apple compatible computer and an IBM PC XT compatible.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ang naaalala ko is yung printer namin, dot matrix....ang ingay, pero high end na yun dati.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    Commodore 64 ... using cassete tape for storage and cartridge for games ... last thing i remember was programming it as a frequency counter, it worked up to 30kHz, good enough for audio signals
    +1 here. this is my first computer.
    i remember programming in it using Basic.

my second one, is an IBM Compatible PC/XT, with green monitors, 64 KB RAM with no harddisk. Everything runs on a floppy disk.

i remembered too, working with an IBM S/34 mainframe computer. To be able to IPL it, you have to insert a very big floppy disk inside its huge floppy disk drive.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    My first computer was an Apple II+, with only 64kb of memory, 5 1/4" floppy disk drives and monochrome monitor.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Heck, another ex-Commodore 64 user here.

Used it primarily for games when I was a kid. And before I had any real chance to use it to learn programming language, my cousin had to go and short it out, permanently damaging it in the process. :cry:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Do you remember your first computer?