New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    may arrow naman ang fan,diba? i got 2 outward fans installed na...and i have 1 more provision for chassis fan....for inward lalagyan ko...

nga pala, which is better for the CPU: papunta ang hangin sa CPU or ung init hihigupin paalis sa CPU?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    From the Gadgets forum.......

We also have an Athlon XP 1700+/ASUS AMD 760 motherboard. If it comforts you any, cpu temp goes up to 56C (A/C is off) within a couple minutes of turning the pc on.

I may be wrong on this, so please someone correct me. But, I've always thought that the Sempron 2200+ is based off the Athlon XP and we all know the Athlon XP is a hot-running cpu. I was glad to upgrade to the cooler-running Athlon 64's.

You're going to have to apply some smart cooling techniques to cool off an AthlonXP/Sempron. My Athlon XP 1700+ ran fine although we did get a better case (an Antec) with some chassis cooling fans.

check ko nga pala ung sa gadgets.ph....nakaimunan ko na yun,a!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    1. If you haven't organized your cables yet, now's a good time to do so. You can use cable ties, which are cheap and readily available.

2. Check the base of the heatsink if it's even and has good contact with the processor's core or IHS.

3. Make sure that you don't apply too much thermal grease.

HTH.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    What Sempron revision do you have? There are Athlon 64 and Athlon XP derivatives of Sempron and the latter tend to run hotter. However, motherboard themselves do not consistently read temps accurately and they could report inconsistencies.

A 5000+rpm 70mm+ fan with a good block of an aluminum or copper heatsink are needed to cool off an XP based Sempron and a 5000+rpm 60mm+ fan for the Athlon 64 "Venice" ones. Fan on the CPU should be blowing air towards the heatsink. If you have an exhaust fan, there should be an intake in order to avoid creating a vacuum.

My Athlon 64 "Venice" 3200 2.0ghz runs with its stock cooler and it barely reaches 42 degrees.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's not hard to rearrange cables and improve the airflow in the case. It would be good practice to have intake and exhaust fans take advantage of the improved air flow.

My PC (Aspire X-Cruiser) case with additional 120mm rear exhaust and 80mm cpu intake fan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    ask ko lang, anu normal working temperature range ng system and CPU?

mines sempron2200, replaced ko ung CPU heat sink, kasi nasira ung clip for the CPU fan.

sa bios, the CPU is registering 45-53 deg.C and the system goes from 20-30deg.C with the cover on.

is this normal?the fan is registered to be running at 4680-4710rpm.

naglagay me ng thermal paste, pero di ko sure kung kulang or sobra, basta mga approx. 1mm bead nilagay ko sa center ng processor....

Thermal paste is not recommended for your processor or any processor with exposed die.

nung tinangal ko, may thermal paste na kasi,e... ung white thingy... is it the same sa thermal grease?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yes the white stuff is thermal paste/grease, not a long-term solution for exposed-die CPUs, it gets pumped out over time and your temps go up.

long-term solution is PCM (phase change material) like those pink gummy stuff under a new heatsink. but if you don't have this grease will do but change it every few months or so...

saan ko makakabili nyan? 30 pesos lang ang 5ml syringe sa gilmore...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
CPU and SYSTEM working temperature