New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I bought this last saturday and its busted already. The keyboard doesnt work. 2 weeks to fix according to MSI.

Sobrang hassle. I was adding a 2nd SSD (1tb) and the keyboard went kaput.

So much regret haha. Sana i kept it stock.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    ^ shmexy specs (1070 FTW)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^
    That is some serious gaming machine.

Wag nang manghinayang, sooner or later, you will increase the drive capacity din naman. At least covered pa nang warranty since fairly new pa.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    ^ shmexy specs (1070 FTW)
    the 144hz looks amazing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the 144hz looks amazing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I skipped that part! Jeeeez 1070 pushing 1080p144 on a laptop! With a 6c/12t procie, to boot! Mamaw hahaha!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    But im parted from it haha. Oh well. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel in terms of warranty.

Using this older one for now. It has a GTX 1080 but it is too big. Not portable.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I'm thinking of setting up a home NAS for my personal and work files. RAID data protection would be great.
    It would be based on the DiskStation DS418j plus 6TB HGST drives.

On the other hand, I just ordered a couple of 2TB SATA SSDs, so those might fit the bill for my desktop PC for the moment.

Any suggestions or tips for setting up a home NAS?
    I just connect hard drives via usb to a usb 3.0 8port hub and then connect to an old i7 laptop repurposed as a file and print server. I have like 20tb of downloaded files.

I use PLEX to serve up the video. I also use Airvideo HD to serve the files to IOS devices.

I cant figure out how to make PLEX stream to devices out of my home network.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I just connect hard drives via usb to a usb 3.0 8port hub and then connect to an old i7 laptop repurposed as a file and print server. I have like 20tb of downloaded files.

I use PLEX to serve up the video. I also use Airvideo HD to serve the files to IOS devices.

I cant figure out how to make PLEX stream to devices out of my home network.

That's a good way to repurpose old hardware. Thanks for the suggestion, I have a few old laptops lying around, I'll think about going that route (although I will miss the redundancy that RAID will give me...).

... 20TB! I thought my 5TB worth of files were a lot

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    For the most important files i leave the redundancy to the cloud. Google Backup and google drive are so worth it. There is a monthly cost but its very minimal and the peace of mind is there. I use it for all family pictures and videos.

Movie and tv series files i just retire the old drives and then copy their contents to newer ones as i buy them. Wd Has much better reliability than seagate in my experience. Ive lost 3 seagate drives already to failure.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Cloud storage is good as long as there's high-speed broadband available. Sadly, I'm stuck with DSL for now.

Agreed with Seagate's crappy reliability. Had their drives, both internal and portable, fail on me. All my rust spinners are now WD, and I'll likely add HGST if and when I build a NAS. I've read some great reviews about HGST drives, so I might as well try them out.

If only SSDs were cheaper... Intel and Samsung have some new QLC drives upcoming, I hope these lead the way to price drops and increases in capacity, and keep the reliability high.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast