New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Yours is thinkpad? Kind to share where we can have that option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The advice in tipidpc is to plug your laptop to ac outlet to prolong the life of the battery, and never let the battery drain below 50% before charging and that includes mobile phones.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    The advice in tipidpc is to plug your laptop to ac outlet to prolong the life of the battery, and never let the battery drain below 50% before charging and that includes mobile phones.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Below 30% is my danger zone.

You are aware that rechargeable lithium batteries are most stable at around 50% SoC, don't you? They start to lose life at either end of the scale. In other words, keeping them full/close to full as well as empty/close to empty is stressful to the cell, and is the main reason behind reduced lifespan.

That's why these types of batteries are only charged to around 60-70% at the factory, to account for some self- or parasitic discharge prior to reaching the consumer. Never full.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Yours is thinkpad? Kind to share where we can have that option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ideapad. Try to find the "lenovo vantage" app sa Microsoft store, or maybe you have it already. Sa device settings makikita mo to.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Is it true sa laptop pag ang charger eh same voltage usually same plug? The charger of my old laptop is giving up. I don't know kung tama charger na bibilhin ko.

Here is my charger.

And this is what I'm planning to buy. Same voltage, same amp, and same color of plug.
    https://shopee.ph/product/32525755/1...496?smtt=0.0.9

Pasok kaya?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Is it true sa laptop pag ang charger eh same voltage usually same plug? The charger of my old laptop is giving up. I don't know kung tama charger na bibilhin ko.

Here is my charger.

And this is what I'm planning to buy. Same voltage, same amp, and same color of plug.

Pasok kaya?

they look equivalent naman, electrical numbers-wise.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they look equivalent naman, electrical numbers-wise.
    Actually yung concern ko eh yung plug. I'm assuming since they are both yellow then they have same size. Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Actually yung concern ko eh yung plug. I'm assuming since they are both yellow then they have same size. Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

May mga replacement chargers with multiple plugs if you're worried.

Hindi lahat ng yellow pareho ng size. Either get a specific charger for your laptop or get one na universal with detachable plugs.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    May mga replacement chargers with multiple plugs if you're worried.

Hindi lahat ng yellow pareho ng size. Either get a specific charger for your laptop or get one na universal with detachable plugs.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Thanks, didn't know those exist. Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This reminded me.... Dell laptops can be picky when it comes to using 3rd party AC adapters. If you don't use the correct kind or try to plug in a badly-designed generic power supply, it will flick you the proverbial bird with an "AC adapter unknown" error and it will refuse to boot up.

But I love Dell laptops (Latitudes in particular) because they're built well and lasts forever.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Pasok kaya?

Not true. Samsung and Asus have the same 19V but different current and different size of crown-plugs. The usual "same accessory should be within the same brand" as the connector and current is model/brand specific, so basing from the pics of the one at Shopee it should fit.
    Dell 19.5V
    msi, Lenovo(slim rectangular connector) 20V
    HP/Compaq 18.5V
    Apple 14.85 magnetic sq connector
    Some are now using USB typeC