New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Mann View Post
    for the past 12 years, I bought 3 laptops and only lenovo brand. for me, sulit sya and hindi talaga nasira yun lang because of OS upgrades eh minsan hindi na kaya ng specs ng laptop that's why I bought a new one. yung 2nd one ko gumagana pa, yun lang because it was upgraded from Win8.1 to 10, talagang bumagal sya and may problem na battery.

two years ago, my friend offered to buy me a laptop in USA when he was on vacation there. I was able to purchase a Lenovo i7 Gen7, 12GB RAM 1TB HDD for only 30k pesos
    Worthwhile upgrade is to change the HDD to SSD and add RAM of course.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Thinkpad X1 maganda din. Asus zenbook ok din (like the macbook air ones). May rosegold nun.

Or just throwing it out there, microsoft surface go.
    The X1 Yoga is more expensive at 93k. The XPS 2-in-1 is even more expensive at 111k.

The Envy X360 comes out as a bargain at 63k.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 10th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This is for my mom. I'm replacing her 10-year old HP Pavillion which had no issues at all for her so she wants another HP. Also, the Asus Zenbook looks too masculine for her. They all have similar specs so it's really a matter of aesthetics. Aftersales sucks for all brands in the Philippines so not a factor.

I have different laptop preferences for myself (Lenovo/Apple):

She doesn't want a Macbook because of the learning curve, she doesn't want a Thinkpad because it looks boring.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Ah, well. I never thought of a computer as a fashion statement. My wife loves her Sager (aka Clevo). Next to the Panasonic Toughbook and the most powerful ASUS RoG laptops, it's the most masculine laptop around. She loves that heft. It's a real alternative to a desktop PC.

I wouldn't mind lugging around a Sager even if it was colored pink and purple.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This relatively low-cost Wal-Mart laptop has me intrigued. Sure, the RAM isn't dual-channel. It still is a decent laptop. I'm a big fan of 14" and smaller laptops. This one looks nice and has decent specs. I'm looking to replace my 2013 ASUS RoG G46VW and this Motile laptop looks decent enough.

For US$300..... Ryzen 5 3500U (4C8T), 8GB RAM, 14" 1080p IPS(?) screen, 256GB M.2 SSD with an M.2 slot for NVME SSD, Vega 8 graphics, backlit keyboard:

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 24th, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thats very cheap for a bnew laptop. Cheaper than a mid range phone.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Thats very cheap for a bnew laptop. Cheaper than a mid range phone.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    The build quality and the image quality seem decent. It looks a lot more durable than my kid's 15.6" ASUS X556UQ Vivobook. Plus, access to the internal components is relatively easy as well. I had opened up both the X556UQ and G46VW. They're not the easiest to upgrade, esp the latter. The Motile laptop is straightforward in comparison. I like that.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My Asus Zenbook UX305 is still going strong, despite it possibly being a lemon -- some build quality issues and the card reader port is not working any more. i bought it as the newer iteration just came to market. Performance-wise no issues at all. i may still go for Asus but i have to consider the issues mentioned above.

Maganda ba Acer laptops? i've been avoiding them since i saw my cousin's laptop go through several repairs within the warranty period...though this was way way back.

Am eagerly awaiting the next batch of Project Athena-based laptops, it is a great technological leap vs. the current laptops. On the other hand they could get quite pricey, and there have been massive price drops on current models.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    This relatively low-cost Wal-Mart laptop has me intrigued. Sure, the RAM isn't dual-channel. It still is a decent laptop. I'm a big fan of 14" and smaller laptops. This one looks nice and has decent specs. I'm looking to replace my 2013 ASUS RoG G46VW and this Motile laptop looks decent enough.

For US$300..... Ryzen 5 3500U (4C8T), 8GB RAM, 14" 1080p IPS(?) screen, 256GB M.2 SSD with an M.2 slot for NVME SSD, Vega 8 graphics, backlit keyboard:

Got interested and now asking my in laws to buy one for me, it's already $350, anyway still value for money. Will get it Feb 2 when my wife comes back. Computer and Laptop Tech Thread

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    My Asus Zenbook UX305 is still going strong, despite it possibly being a lemon -- some build quality issues and the card reader port is not working any more. i bought it as the newer iteration just came to market. Performance-wise no issues at all. i may still go for Asus but i have to consider the issues mentioned above.

Maganda ba Acer laptops? i've been avoiding them since i saw my cousin's laptop go through several repairs within the warranty period...though this was way way back.

Am eagerly awaiting the next batch of Project Athena-based laptops, it is a great technological leap vs. the current laptops. On the other hand they could get quite pricey, and there have been massive price drops on current models.
    i got 3 Acer working Laptops with me... yung personal use ko na touch screen is still working good kahit 8 years na, pero na-upgrade na yung RAM nya.
    yung latest na nabili ko last year na Acer Aspire I5 512SSD ay impressive... ang bilis ng start up at pag shut down parang pinindot mo lang yung power off button nya
    Yung 2 Dell Laptop I3 namin ay kailangan ng sigurong palitan. Kahit pang office work lang ay medyo mabagal na.
    Last edited by Gumusut_Amige; January 25th, 2020 at 06:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

My 14" ASUS RoG G46VW is the same way. I bought it back in 2013 and recently added an SSD and a new battery. The video chip is an Nvidia GTX 660m which is roughly equivalent to the more recent GT 940MX. But, the screen maxes out at 1366x768. I don't have a pressing need to replace the G46VW. In fact, it's quite capable up to now. But, I thought it would be nice to have a 14" full HD screen.