New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i was talking based on personal experience.
    binigay namin kay elderly yung tablet, so she can "keep in touch with the apos".
    aba...! after a few weeks, kung anu-ano na ang ginagawa sa tablet...
    but yes... it's not my relative we are talking about..

my apologies.
    I know exactly what you mean. If it was for someone like myself, I'd be looking for something more powerful. For that matter, I use an iPad Air. I play a few graphic-intensive games and lots of media on it. But I also have three old and/or low-end Android tablets for specialized tasks. (I'll cross-post that thread in the approprate sub-forum in a while)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. If it was for someone like myself, I'd be looking for something more powerful. For that matter, I use an iPad Air. I play a few graphic-intensive games and lots of media on it. But I also have three old and/or low-end Android tablets for specialized tasks. (I'll cross-post that thread in the approprate sub-forum in a while)
    well, we laid our opinions on the table...
    i am now curious what TS will eventually decide on.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    one thing i have learned re. consumer goods..
    "we usually get what we pay for."
    it's cheap because someone scrimped in its manufacture. but it will probably take a week or so of use, for the buyer to find out just where the scrimp occured..

"...but i can live with it..." is a lie.
    "i refuse to buy another, better one..." is probably the more truthful statement.

but if the item is for giving away to someone, i suppose buying cheap is "ok".
    "if i didn't spend money for it, i can't really complain about its weaknesses.." "if i spent for it, i can complain even if only because i don't like the color.. inside."
    it's all psychological to me.

heh heh.

my un-solicited advice, is to get the more expensive (or most expensive) one that you can afford. i foresee that that tablet will soon be tasked to do more than just viber.
    when the user finds out just what else it can do, (s)he will quickly learn how to appreciate and maximize its capabilities..

have fun, comparing and buying.
    Just watch the Intern with Anne Hathaway. I have almost all of those things in her office except the iPad Pro

Pag ganun kasi nakapanood ka ng sine na ganun, parang wala Lang tapos fit ako .pero to the masa, big deal sobra siguro yunimageuploadedbytsikot-forums1451369167.962446.jpgimageuploadedbytsikot-forums1451369183.297629.jpg

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was talking based on personal experience.
    binigay namin kay elderly yung tablet, so she can "keep in touch with the apos".
    aba...! after a few weeks, kung anu-ano na ang ginagawa sa tablet...
    but yes... it's not my relative we are talking about..

my apologies.
    agree. my mom's 90+ year old neighbor can not be separated from her ipad. her son said besides being on chat and fb she plays games all day long.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    agree. my mom's 90+ year old neighbor can not be separated from her ipad. her son said besides being on chat and fb she plays games all day long.
    hah!
    come to think of it, my elderly pays more attention to her tablet than to me.
    yeah, ...has good vision, still.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 29th, 2015 at 04:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hah!
    come to think of it, my elderly pays more attention to her tablet than to me.
    yeah, ...has good vision, still.
    sadly i can only wish for that. my mom is 89, she does not even know how to use a cel phone (pero marunong sa cordless phone hahaha!) her eyes are bad, too. sana lang kung naging active ang mind e di sana naging malala ang alzheimer's nya.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Please update this thread for 2022.

I am looking to gift a family member a 7-8" tablet. Based on this person's usage habits, potentially, it will likely be used for video streaming, playing puzzle games, email, social media, and some web browsing. I hear that a lot of cheaper tablets (and phones) are laden with ads and whatnots and it's something I want to avoid, if at all possible.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We have 2 Samsung Tablets and not happy with both Seniors here aren't using it and prefer their phones over the tablet. It's too slow kasi. I guess iPads still are the best when it comes to tablets.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Please update this thread for 2022.

I am looking to gift a family member a 7-8" tablet. Based on this person's usage habits, potentially, it will likely be used for video streaming, playing puzzle games, email, social media, and some web browsing. I hear that a lot of cheaper tablets (and phones) are laden with ads and whatnots and it's something I want to avoid, if at all possible.
    Sadly, cheap android tablet is not equal to a happy, contented face, more so if it's a 7-8incher. If we were in pre pandemic years it's easy to say get the Samsung Tab A with SPen or get the Mi Pad 4. Those worked quite well new. Sadly both now show significant lag and whoever's using it might just be frustrated. The very low RAM and built in storage they offer are just bad. I agree with what Cathy mentioned above that it's still Apple for tablets. If budget permits, get an ipad or maybe an ipad mini. If you're going Android, at least look into the 10inch entry level models. They may give better performance than the 8inchers.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    meron akong binili para sa mga bata noon na tablet. sayang lang ang pera sa mga low-end model kahit Samsung pa sya. ayun, andon lang nakatambak ayaw ng gamitin. kaya balik laptop na lang sila.

bumili naman ako ng Samsung Tablet S7 for light office duty + movie streaming kaso nagustuhan ni misis (kanya na lang daw). kaya ako rin balik laptop
    naghanap ng kapalit, ended up buying a Realme Pad (6GB + 128GB Wi-Fi + 4G LTE) 10.4". primarily for watching netflix and games lang. no complaints so far pero nasa >10K pesos din noon.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast