New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    I'll try to go to other center...pero yung cloning thing na yan, may big possibility na magiging active pa rin ang old SIM while the new SIM is also active?
    hindi na siguro.
    as far as the company is concerned, pinatay na yung number na yon.
    if you get billed afterward, you can always point an accusing finger at the company for allowing it, as that account has already been closed.
    but they do re-cycle old, long un-used sim numbers (siguro those with no negative history), but under new owners' names.
    the poor guy who was assigned one such re-cycled number.. na-iinis na siya, sa dami ng tawag asking for the old owner... heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 2nd, 2016 at 12:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    update: after no reply from *talk2Globe twitter account (due to replaced SIM not activated when I approached the Globe Center in SM Manila), I decided to go to Globe center in Lucky Chinatown Mall. Unfortunately, wala silang LTE replacement SIM (dual cut) but I proceeded anyway to replace my old SIM to dual cut 3G SIM. I surrendered my old SIM and after a few minutes, OK na yung replacement SIM ko. yung load ko is still intact, pero yung contacts ko from the old SIM was not transferred to the new one. buti na lang nakasave sa isa kong phone yung contacts ko (which I will enter manually, unfortunately).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    update: after no reply from *talk2Globe twitter account (due to replaced SIM not activated when I approached the Globe Center in SM Manila), I decided to go to Globe center in Lucky Chinatown Mall. Unfortunately, wala silang LTE replacement SIM (dual cut) but I proceeded anyway to replace my old SIM to dual cut 3G SIM. I surrendered my old SIM and after a few minutes, OK na yung replacement SIM ko. yung load ko is still intact, pero yung contacts ko from the old SIM was not transferred to the new one. buti na lang nakasave sa isa kong phone yung contacts ko (which I will enter manually, unfortunately).
    Pwede mo sana mailipat pa ang contacts from your old sim kahit deactivated na yun. Kaso binigay mo na sakanila. Kung pwede mo mahiram ulit para icopy contacts mo, no need to enter manually

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    That's weird twice na ako nagpapalit ng sim sa globe, and they immediately tell you to keep your old sim. Dapat SOP ito, kasi they shouldn't be in possession of data in your sim. Di lang contacts laman nyan, pati text messages mo, pano kung sensitive info yun

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    oo nga...
    my old sim was also returned to me.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    How about my smart sim. Incominh messages and calls are okay. May load pa ako. Pero di ako maka send or tawag. Sa sim kaya? Yung globe ko okay naman eh

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    oo nga...
    my old sim was also returned to me.
    pero I hope they cut the old one na...sayang I wasn't able to check agad kung andun yung contacts na nakasave from the old one to the new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123