New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I tried to do the telnet in the command prompt but it says "telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command."
    The telnet client is not installed by default. You can manually install it in Add/Remove Windows Component.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I tried to access my DVR using my iPhone via LTE and I was able to view the CCTVs. When the iPhone is on wifi with PLDT Fibr (at home), it cannot access the CCTV in the office (also using PLDT Fibr). So is the problem with the PLDT internet?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What is your iP address obtained from DHCP?. There is a carrier grade iP that sometimes needs port opening on aggregator router. You may try to check the WAN ip by using traceroute or accessing modem to check the WAN iP.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WAN IP 119.95.xxx.xxx
    DHCP 192.168.xxx.xxx
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    up
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Try to subscribe to dynDNS first if it's works for you. They have 7 days trial I think.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I tried to access my DVR using my iPhone via LTE and I was able to view the CCTVs. When the iPhone is on wifi with PLDT Fibr (at home), it cannot access the CCTV in the office (also using PLDT Fibr). So is the problem with the PLDT internet?
    Turn on the hotspot of your iphone (connected thru LTE), then connect a laptop to your iphone hotspot and execute the following:

ping [external ip of the cctv]
    telnet [external ip of the cctv] [port# utilized by the cctv]

A positive response to both commands will tell you that the cctv is reachable from the opposite end and the port is open on all the routers that connects your iphone to the cctv

Try all those commands in your fiber internet and a negative response on the telnet command means that somewhere among the routers of your fiber connection to the cctv that particular port is closed

To determine how many routers your video data need to pass through issue the 'traceroute [external ip#]' command
    Last edited by kisshmet; August 30th, 2015 at 12:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last august pa pala ito and I haven't had time to try this. Wala kasi akong laptop, hehe. But I have asked the supplier of my CCTV and they said I need to call PLDT for them to make changes in the settings for my internet connection. Usually problem daw ito sa ISP side.

Anyway, I have another dilema.

In my office, I use PLDT's fibr modem/router as my DHCP server. Pero mukhang hindi kaya ng modem yung dami ng devices connected, lagi sya nagrereset. So I installed a TPLINK router after the modem and used the router as the DHCP server.

PLDT modem --> router --> computers (+other devices)

IP of modem is 192.168.X.X, router is 192.168.Y.Y.

Everything is ok. All my devices can connect to the internet, and all can access the server.

The problem is, I cannot remotely access my CCTV. I have setup port forwarding for both the modem and the router. Ano pa ba ang kelangan i-config?
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Up............................
    Signature

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    I think there might be something wrong with your port forwarding rule

Can you share:
    - Specific port forwarding rule you created. what port? where is it forwarded?
    - IP address of the CCTV
    - Port used for accessing CCTV

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast