New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Dynamic DNS mates a FQDN (fully qualified domain name) like yourname.dyndns.com to the dynamic IP address assigned to you by your ISP

With dyn dns you can use the fqdn even if the ip address assigned to you by your isp changes over time

Requesting a static ip address lets you have a stable mode of internet address but you still have to get a domain name matched into that static ip address for you to be able to utilize a fqdn (e.g. yourhousename.com) to access your cctv remotely.

Even if you all these things in place, ip address, domain name you still have to make sure that your isp does not block the port your cctv monitoring application depends on
    Last edited by kisshmet; August 24th, 2015 at 06:17 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How will I check if my ISP blocks the port used by my dvr?
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is interesting Topic.. as Im planning to install IPcam at home.. thanks Boybi

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    you can try network utility nmap .. it will scan open ports on your modem/router..
    since naka 4g router ako,,my router address is just a private unroutable IP,so i just rent VPS providing VPN sa hauz at sa office ko,,its just like extending your Lan subnet between your hauz and office or your smartphone..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Just apply for /29 static ip, you get 5 useable ips problem solved.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If you know the gateway which is the ip address of the modem your isp provided to you then a simple telnet command will do "telnet gatewayip# port#" from the command line will do

Remember you need to connect the computer with which youll execute the telnet command to directly to the modem or gateway and you use ethernet cable for that

If there is no response then the port is closed on pldts end in which case you can resort to vpn connection as suggested by other tsikot member here
    Last edited by kisshmet; August 24th, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung magandang klaseng DVR or NVR ay may DDNS na assigned so hindi mo na kailangan mag subscribe sa DYNDNS para maging static IP address mo router. Same is true sa IPCAM meron din silang assigned na DDNS. Meron din silang apps na available for android and IOS so madali silang i access sa mobile phone.

Kung kailangan mo lang ma monitor yung place mo na hindi mo na kailangan i set up pa yung router and modem mo, yung IPCAM nalang ang gamitin mo. Can easily access as mobile thru the apps na available para sa IPCAM manufacturer.
    Last edited by nelany; August 24th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet
    If you know the gateway which is the ip address of the modem your isp provided to you then a simple telnet command will do "telnet gatewayip# port#" from the command line will do

Remember you need to connect the computer with which youll execute the telnet command to directly to the modem or gateway and you use ethernet cable for that

If there is no response then the port is closed on pldts end in which case you can resort to vpn connection as suggested by other tsikot member here
    I tried to do the telnet in the command prompt but it says "telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet

I tried to do the telnet in the command prompt but it says "telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command."
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany
    Yung magandang klaseng DVR or NVR ay may DDNS na assigned so hindi mo na kailangan mag subscribe sa DYNDNS para maging static IP address mo router. Same is true sa IPCAM meron din silang assigned na DDNS. Meron din silang apps na available for android and IOS so madali silang i access sa mobile phone.

Kung kailangan mo lang ma monitor yung place mo na hindi mo na kailangan i set up pa yung router and modem mo, yung IPCAM nalang ang gamitin mo. Can easily access as mobile thru the apps na available para sa IPCAM manufacturer.
    Naka DDNS na pala DVR ko. i-dvr.net ang gamit. But since I upgraded to PLDT Fibr, di ko na maaccess mga CCTV ko.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nelany

Naka DDNS na pala DVR ko. i-dvr.net ang gamit. But since I upgraded to PLDT Fibr, di ko na maaccess mga CCTV ko.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Too bad your windows doesnt carry the TELNET command

Oh well you can try mac or linux

But basically you need to do an end to end check. Connect your DVR directly to the modem provided by the ISP on the end where it is located. Then connect your computer directly to the modem provided by the ISP on the testing end

Assuming you have similar ISP provider end to end and the result of the test is negative then you make the request to open the port to a single ISP otherwise you make the request to open the port to both ISPs your equipments are linked up to.

Opening the ports on the ISP end means opening that port your DVR need to all the routers the ISP control from your computer end all the way to the DVR end

Things get more complicated with 2 different ISPs serving you in one end and the other. You make the request to open ports on both ISPs. This is a cumbersome task to both ISPs

So you are better off utilizing a VPN
    Last edited by kisshmet; August 25th, 2015 at 12:40 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast