New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hertzblaster1 View Post
    Replace my 250w metal halide HSD bulb with 100w led.

Still using the same 7 inch lcd and lenses.

How much is a 100W LED? Looks sharp!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    100w Led cost 5000 pesos. 50,000-100,000 hours life

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    100w Led cost 5000 pesos. 50,000-100,000 hours life
    wow! sir e di hindi na mainit yan? yung brightness ba ganun pa rin pag sa actual na?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Yes its alot cooler. But unfortunately led max temperature is only 60 deg C.

Water cooling of led becomes imperative so higher power led can be use. Its now on going. One builder is akready succesful with water cooling of led. I will try my best to duplicate and bring down the cost because parts are not locally available especailly the small radiator. Water block can be easily fabricated locally,

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes its alot cooler. But unfortunately led max temperature is only 60 deg C.

Water cooling of led becomes imperative so higher power led can be use. Its now on going. One builder is akready succesful with water cooling of led. I will try my best to duplicate and bring down the cost because parts are not locally available especailly the small radiator. Water block can be easily fabricated locally,
    May I suggest liquid cooling designed for CPU's? At least use the pump and radiator that comes with it. Depending on the dimensions of the LED, you may be able to use the waterblock designed for the CPU as well.

Check out http://www.tipidpc.com/itemsearch.ph...ekeys=radiator

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I'm thinking of putting up a cafe or small eatery with movie projection.

admittedly I'm not good with electronics.

*hertz.. do you accept orders for your projectors? I'm outside manila btw.

if not, hingi na lang ako permission sa step-by-step procedure mo and ask a local electronics shop to do it.

echo ko lang ang tanong about focusing.. have you placed a focusing mechanism para sa projector mo? I've read through all 8 pages and I haven't read about focusing.

making a projector like this, dapat ba predetermined ang distance from the screen?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus2 View Post
    Do you have enough space for a DIY projector? A brand name projector (Acer) can cost in the mid P20Ks and it's small enough to hang from the ceiling yet powerful enough to be clear with ambient lighting turned on.

I'm outside manila btw.
    Yup, Leviticus is from Benguet so certain special parts might be hard to find.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviticus2 View Post

admittedly I'm not good with electronics.

*hertz.. do you accept orders for your projectors? I'm outside manila btw.

if not, hingi na lang ako permission sa step-by-step procedure mo and ask a local electronics shop to do it.

echo ko lang ang tanong about focusing.. have you placed a focusing mechanism para sa projector mo? I've read through all 8 pages and I haven't read about focusing.

making a projector like this, dapat ba predetermined ang distance from the screen?
    I had lots of offers to build but unfortunately i dont have the time.

You will lose the advantage of diy projector if u dont build it yourself.

For indoor installation, based on your skills,I guess commercial projector is good for you but you have to live with expensive bulb or problem with parts availability bec each projector model are phased out quickly by manufacturer.

For outdoor installation, I guess DIYprojector is your best choice. Commercial projector cannot withstand humid condition. Regular cleaning once a week of lenses will be needed so you have to build it yourself so you know how to service it.

You need to know your target image size and throw distance. I designed my bro pj in his resto with 212 inches huge image size at a throw distance of 22ft. Bulb exceed 2500 hours running 8-10 hours a day before it died. I replaced it with bulb that cost only 500 pesos and still works perfectly (Lol!). The bulb is still a short arc bulb ideal for projector not the bulb the cdrking uses.

Manual focus is enough for fixed installation. You dont need to spend in expensive zoom lens for fixed installation. Most commercial projector Zoom lens can enlarge or shrink the image, correct me if Im wrong, by about 20% only. You will probably use this zoom lens once for fixed installation.

You need more a carpenter rather than electronics technician. Basic electricity understanding is more than enough based on builders experiences.

Btw, What is your target image size and throw distance ? Indoor or outdoor?

This projector has progressed already by using high power leds . And for special individual with expertise in water cooling has unselfishly shared his knowledge and now we have water cooled led projector that helps gain more brightness and have longer led life. I have a collaboration with this guy and later improve on our design and understanding for water block designed for led only and also we are able to specify what is the optimum parts rating that is enough to cool the led. Pretty exciting! Still cheaper than commercial projector . Now this idea is for free for every builder to implement. Led life is 50,000-10,000 hours as advertised by manufacturer.

You might have have special skills that we dont know and hopefully it can help contribute to this project.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Build your own LCD projector for Home viewing