New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    i assume there's a keyboard/mouse combo for the PS3? because playing an FPS with the analogue stick really really blows
    you will get use to it. nasanay ako sa Ghost Recon 1 (first ever game ko na FPS). wala yatang mouse pa ang PS3, although you can buy usb mouse or keyboard, i don't think it interfaces or incorporates (or whatever the tech term it may be) with the existing games just yet.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Translation: The 360 has several games, some of which are decent, some less so.

Translation: The PS3 has one good game.

And that about sums it up. The 360 has a MUCh wider game selection, and the PS3's graphics are irrelevant because of that.

tama nga naman, maganda nga graphics tapos isa lang ang game ang maganda? :evillaugh

may HDMI na din pala ang 360 Elite, dilemma na naman

ang nakaka-attract sakin sa PS3, yung Blu Ray feature. X360 Blu Ray din ba or anong DVD player gamit?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding View Post
    tama nga naman, maganda nga graphics tapos isa lang ang game ang maganda? :evillaugh

may HDMI na din pala ang 360 Elite, dilemma na naman

ang nakaka-attract sakin sa PS3, yung Blu Ray feature. X360 Blu Ray din ba or anong DVD player gamit?
    What's good about the PS3 is that it's a fairly good Blu-ray player over the stand alone Blu-ray player which cost more. Xbox360 naman supports HD-DVD and they have HD-DVD add on.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uwak18 View Post
    What's good about the PS3 is that it's a fairly good Blu-ray player over the stand alone Blu-ray player which cost more. Xbox360 naman supports HD-DVD and they have HD-DVD add on.
    HD-DVD, salamat kapatid

I saw the Panasonic Blu Ray player sa BX/PX store, $599 tapos hindi pa pedeng maglaro ng PS3, hahaha.

so, ang tanong ko sa sarili ngayon para makapag desisyon b/n 360 and PS3...would I watch more Blu Ray movies [PS3] or play games often [X360]?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mukhang mura nalang ang Playstation 3 these days pero nawala na yung 20GB Version na Asian sa mga stores sa atin....May parating na 80GB Version with Dual Shock 3 controller in it which is goodnews!!!..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if you use PS3 purely for gaming ... then it is perhaps expensive and not worth it because of the dearth of good game titles .
    but viewed as a combo game console / blu ray player ... it is quite a bargain.

i use it 60/40 for blu ray viewing/game console ... plus it can also play the videos from my sony HD handycam disks directly... so sulit na pagkabili .

still waiting for a 150GB HD upgrade and Blu-Ray writing capabilities if and when it comes out.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    My PS3 is for Bluray & MP4 movies., No games.

Only my Xbox 360 are for games and sometimes MP4 movies.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^could you comment on the usability of the PS3 as a video-only platform? i am thinking of purchasing one as well, but only for Bluray as well. none of the games available are worth purchasing the whole system for, imo - especially now that Xbox has Forza (no more monopoly for GT on my racing simulation time) and the GTA franchise is no longer exclusive.

here's my main concern - i don't want to use the freaking controller to control the player. optimally, i would like to integrate its controls into an all-in-one touchscreen remote. i also assume that it hooks into the TV through HDMI?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    ^could you comment on the usability of the PS3 as a video-only platform?
    here's my main concern - i don't want to use the freaking controller to control the player. optimally, i would like to integrate its controls into an all-in-one touchscreen remote. i also assume that it hooks into the TV through HDMI?
    Sir, you can purchase a Bluetooth Controller for playing BD movies .... around 1.5K php
    not sure if the controls can be integrated into an all-in-one touchscreen remote. those use infrared if i am not mistaken ... and i dont think the pse3 has infrared.
    ps3 can be connected to a HDMI AV Receiver for AV switching/processing. it can also hook up to an HDMI display directly and to an older AV Receiver using optical cables.
    with the latest firmware, it can also upconvert your existing DVDs ... and audio CDs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much na ba ang 80gb na PS3 now? Region free ba ang PS3 sa DVD movies?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
any PS3 owners here?