New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    last oct, bili ko ng 80Gb ps3, nasa 30k+ sa datablitz

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    update - still no game worth purchasing that isnt available on xbox. graphics are a little better, but only if you have a big screen 1080p tv set.

i ended up buying the ps3, but it's in use exclusively as a blu-ray player...and for playing Rock Band :band:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    ^could you comment on the usability of the PS3 as a video-only platform? i am thinking of purchasing one as well, but only for Bluray as well. none of the games available are worth purchasing the whole system for, imo - especially now that Xbox has Forza (no more monopoly for GT on my racing simulation time) and the GTA franchise is no longer exclusive.

here's my main concern - i don't want to use the freaking controller to control the player. optimally, i would like to integrate its controls into an all-in-one touchscreen remote. i also assume that it hooks into the TV through HDMI?
    It the most popular Blu-ray player to date, it is also future proof as Sony always have new updates on the system. You can buy a BT remote but it won't integrade with your all in one remote as it is bluetooth and not infrared. It also has WiFi.

This is a Forum on which I am also a member, mind you, this is not a PS3 forum but a Blu-Ray forum, browse around and you'll soon find out why the PS3 is very popular as a BD player.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/
    Last edited by Camgen6; February 23rd, 2008 at 09:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, even in pinoydvd.com, the PS3 is a popular BD player. And as for my question, are PS3s region locked for DVD movies? If so, can it be unlocked to play all regions?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    if your more into gameplay i would recommend xbox360 elite but if your a sony fan then go for ps3 regarding the region locked YES ps3 games are region locked dont know if the greenhills people already figured out how to unlock it. because ps3 is a blue ray console you can only play blue ray cd's unlike the xbox360 and one more thing xbox has a lot of fun games to play and microsoft releases a lot of games compared to ps3.

for me i will recommend xbox 360 elite or premium.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rock Band is tough :band:

hirap na hirap ako sa guitar on Enter Sandman :sweat:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    When it comes to games:

If you want to wait - go for the delaystation.

If you want to play games - go for the XBOX360.

Go original sa current generation of console gaming you know why?

For the XBOX360:
    1.) Di ka makaka XBOX live. XBOX live is so much fun!
    2.) Di mo makukuha iyong latest enhancements ng XBOX360 unit at iyong mga patches ng games.

For PS3 (kung magkaron man ng pirated):
    1.) Latest games prompts you to install the latest firmware. So how will you be able to install the latest FW kung modded ang console mo.
    2.) Kung modded ang console mo at magiinstall ka ng firmware may possibility na mabrick ang unit mo because of the mods + FW (remember the modified Wii?)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas mura ba PS3 sa Japan? Meron bang compatibility issues ang units from Japan kapag dito sa Pinas gagamitin? Madali lang kayang bitbitin ang PS3 with box via airplane? Mata-tax kaya ito sa customs pagdating sa airport?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Walang region lock when it comes to games.

Ang issues lang na maeencounter mo ay iyong voltage, 110 sa Japan while dito sa Philippines 220V.

When it comes to tax hindi unless marami kang PS3 na bibilhin.

Sa pagbitbit depende kung gaano ka kalakas at gaano ka kadesedido bilhin ang unit hehehe.

When it comes to mura, that I do not know but it should be.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba autovolt naman na mga adapters ng PS3?

Sa bitbitan e hindi kasi ako ang magbibitbit Meron kasing pupunta ng Japan and I'm thinking na magpabili dun.

Meron nagsabi na mas ok daw sa Hong Kong nalang magpabili, dahil mas madalas na may nagpupuntang HK, so walang problema sa warranty issues, madaling ipadala sa HK. Tama po ba?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
any PS3 owners here?