New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bridgestone!

Although I root for bmw williams but when it comes to tire issue in F1 I go for bridgestones.

Bridgestone tires are more reliable than Michellins. Last year the M are completely blown away by B both in dry(cold condition) and wet weather even in intermediate tires. in one occasion bmw equipped their cars in slightly used tires in order to get better grip. I also noticed ( i may be wrong) that michellins are a little sensitive when track conditions vary.

But today michellins are getting more and more competitive. It also seems that they have a slight advantage in dry conditions over Bridgestone. However, they are heavily criticized when they dont provide grip and given little credit when theyre quick.

Kaya pala kulelat ang ibang bridgestone teams. Unfair tlga philosophy ng bridgestone ah. Pero bridgestone pa rin! hehe

Anyone here have any idea how much 1 F1 tire cost?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ey usokpower, i see you're new to tsikot (somewhat ) glad to have you aboard :D

the cost of 1 tire? i dunno...most parts in f1 aren't really priced normally (may nabasa ako somewhere) in USD or EU.

how may "man-hours" used up in producing the item daw ang pricing e

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    michelins win big in the last 2 race
    Europe and French GP

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last year Bridgestones
    This year Michellins

I don't buy the Bridgestone only makes tires for Ferrari propaganda. That was started by McLaren in 2000? when they moved to Michellin, but if you look at 2002 all of the Bridgestone shod teams did rather well. This year, Ferrari are struggling but again so are all the other Bridgestone guys. Dont forget that McLaren won against Ferrari several times in a period when both teams were on Bridgestones.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    logbook

thx, kotse.com ako dati (forgot my username) nandito na pala si mr otep e.

Anyways, michellins are getting stronger and bridgestone are making a lot of struggle. Now the odds are even making F1 more interesting to watch.

Regarding ferrari priority

Well having ferrari as the only ace bridgestone has up in their sleeve compared to michellin ( bmw, mclaren, renault) TOp priority talaga sila I would do the same thing if I were in their position thus good publicity.

Haha basahin nyo press con sa french gp may tanong kay MS and the question is :.

Q. Michael, without Bridgestone today would you win or would you lose. How do you think?

MS: It would be very difficult to run without tyres

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still think its correct to say that Bridgestone make their tires around the Ferrari chassis because among all the Bridgestone-shod teams, Ferrari have the most tyre tests/mileage than any of the other teams. They've got an entire test team dedicated to tyre development. This is why they can give more feedback to Bridgestone and tell Bridgestone what they want from the tyre.

The other teams don't have this luxury.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the situation now I think I will agree. But not at the time McLaren switched over to Michellin. At that time, it was McLaren that was the faster team and Bridgestone would surely develop more for them rather than Ferrari. IMO It was probably propaganda by Ron Dennis to shift blame away from his team, and the underperforming Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard at that time.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    More news

The Williams FW25 has been plagued by chronic understeer since its racing debut and Michelin worked closely with the team to find a solution to improve the balance of the car. Michelin introduced a wider front tyre : 35,56 cm (14 inches) against 33 cm (13 inches) for the Bridgestone front tyres used on the Ferrari F2003-GA. This wider front tyre is a drawback on aerodynamics but in exchange, the balance of the car is greatly improved.

Patrick Head approved with success this new configuration while McLaren are using a slightly narrower front tyre of 13,5 inches, which is a compromise between the Williams and Ferrari solutions. It is said that Bridgestone will try this week a similar 14-inch front tyre on its F2003-GA during private testing.

Williams is also testing a new rear wing at Silverstone this week but a major mechanical component will soon be introduced on the car : a titanium gearbox. Ferrari is also using this technology for its gearbox but Williams will only use it in a Grand Prix when it is reliable, which will probably take of few months.

On the financial side, there is a strong rumour that Williams and American beer producer Anheuser-Busch of St-Louis, Missouri, are about to conclude a sponsorship agreement using the famous brand Budweiser. The contract may be confirmed before the British Grand Prix and could be for a 5-year period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
which tyres: B or M