New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're a top honcho at F1 what tyres you'll be sporting?

Bridgestone, which we all saw * air canada, it's griping power in the wet

or

Michelin, deeper grooves, have better grip on dry, extreme design

which is which???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with Michelin, Diamaris to be exact. Since I've had excellent experience with them on my 19" wheels 10" wide. Great in cornering and in changing lanes. And much sportier looking. But mostly on dry pavement use only. I maybe bias.

I have Bridgestone on my Pathfinder for winter driving. It's not the tires I am not happy with, it's the truck itself :oops:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed
    I'd go with Michelin, Diamaris to be exact. Since I've had excellent experience with them on my 19" wheels 10" wide. Great in cornering and in changing lanes. And much sportier looking. But mostly on dry pavement use only. I maybe bias.

I have Bridgestone on my Pathfinder for winter driving. It's not the tires I am not happy with, it's the truck itself :oops:
    litespeed, im not familiar with commercial tyres, rather but im refering to the ones they use at Formula One race cars

kasi last canadian grand prix, bridgestone dominate michelin in the wets on friday qualifying, but michelin reverse that notion on the saturday qualifying but the tarmac is dry.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Michelins na! Bridgestone is too focussed on Ferrari. all the others are just hitching a ride. Yung bridgestones kasi develop their tyres with the Ferrari chassis in mind kaya the other teams end up suffering. sa Michelin, its the other way around. The teams build their chassis around the tyres.

If you notice sa qualifying and during the races (if there aren't too many retirements), the ferraris are usually the only two cars in the top 10 that run on bridgestones.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup...i have the same sentiments as kevinp. i like michelin's philosophy compared with bridgestone....they are a bit too much a ferrari tyre supplier than anything else.

as a team boss (hehehe), my team would always be dependent on a "ferrari spec tyre" and would hamper the long term development of the overall package (aka the car)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ganun pala yun,

did you see kimi's tyres exploded at 200kph, before the man eating wall
    good thing he's near the pit stop.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    onga e. bad publicity for michelin because they had 2 tyre delaminations in one race. according to pierre dupasquier (michelin F1 boss), Trulli has suspension problems which put too much stress on the tyres after his light shunt with <i dunno who>. Si kimi naman daw ran over some debris on the track.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Generally, Bridgestones perform better in wetter, colder track conditions; otherwise it's Michelin.

Michelin collaborates with each team to which they supply tyres. They offer several tyre designs, and it's up to the teams to choose which one to fit in their cars. Bridgestone simply concentrates on the Ferrari chassis, thus offering fewer tyre designs. The other Bridgestone-shod teams will have to be lucky to come up with chassis designs similar to Ferrari in order to accommodate the tyres. :evil:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    michelin's are upping their game this season, just take a look at qualifying and race results its mostly michelins (with the expection of the ferraris and maybe another team's car)

umaangal nga si villeneuve e, sabi nya one bridgestone team is winning while the others are catching up.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    onga e. ok na talaga ang michelins ngayon compared to 2001 and 2002. Good news for Williams and McLaren! :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
which tyres: B or M