New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    One auto magazine pitted the two against each other in an off-road performance test, where the Jimny emerged the winner.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. If im not mistaken there are only 50 959s ever produced. I believe they won the 1986 Dakar. (Im too tired to google hehe)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by theveed
    I don't see any comparatives between a Jimny and a Cayenne though... Parang comparing a Murcielago with a Picanto... They're designed for totally different purposes...
    that is what am saying. no use comparing a jimny & a cayenne. the nissan patrol would be a more suitable opponent.

btw, this is out of the topic. nuff said.

BTTT,

a few years before the launch of the Cayenne, Porsche was already rigging 996s with off-road gear (AT tires, spacers, skidplates) to test their 4wd system along the Great Valley.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yes the jimny beated the porsche in the offroad but that is because both the cayenne and the jimny cater to different markets and uses. i don't think anybody would buy a cayenne for ultimate off road use unlike the jimny. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the whole point of that comparo was to show that no matter how many high-bucks-electronic-gizmo-whiz-bangs you have on your SUV, you are still not completely superior over a full mechanical system.

It was not a Suzuki vs. Porsche comparison. It was a comparison between the two extremes when it comes to 4wd systems.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PIC: Porsche off-roader