New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Aguinaldo:

Cory Aquino - a housewife who doesn't know jack about leading. Turned down the offer of WB to erase our debt. Practically made sure that our country will go into deep **** through her stupid decisions and ideas.
    so true. si kris nga di mapatino eh.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Aguinaldo: Power hungry SOB. He had Bonifacio killed because Andres then was the favorite to be the leader of the country. He and his generals raped Andres' wife, stabbed him with a bolo and had all his fingers cut off before he was shot by the shooting squad. This info came from one of his men who helped look for Andres' body by a team led by my History professor.

After being installed as a president, he grabbed lands in Cavite (and logically elsewhere also), amassed wealth and properties. He's practically the blueprint of a corrupt leader. That's why, at a convention in UPD (Im from UP Diliman also) sometime ago, several Historians declared that Aguinaldo should not be considered a hero, only a first president, a position he got by killing the people favorite opposition. Several people (probably caviteños) in the house disagreed but of course, they don't have Ph.Ds that empowers one with academic authority.

Cory Aquino - a housewife who doesn't know jack about leading. Turned down the offer of WB to erase our debt. Practically made sure that our country will go into deep **** through her stupid decisions and ideas.
    hehehehehe my sentiments on those two exactly!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Prior to Macoy, ano bang mga nagawa ng mga previous presidents? Meron bang significant? Si Diosdado Macapagal, ano bang nagawa? Si Golden Arinola (Quirino)? si Aguinaldo (the worst for me)? si Roxas? si Quezon (tuta ng Kano)? ... sino pa ba yong iba? Magsaysay? si Laurel (tuta ng Hapon)?

$1= Php7 .. wow! tandang-tanda ko pa ang lahat noong Dec 1981 ng magpapalit ako ng $10, tuwang tuwa ako dahil ang laki ng pera ko noon, hehehehe.. kasi the previous months wala pa yatang 5 pesos ang palitan noon. To think na nagkakagulo na noon dahil sa palitan na yan na 7:1... nakow lalo na ng umabot ng $20 noong 1984, talaga nga naman...
    Last edited by bunge; December 9th, 2006 at 02:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Inabot niyo yung P7 to $1 exchange rate? Tatanda nyo na pala. (joke!)

Ako P49.50/$ na inabot ko.
    P7 to $1?? sh!eeeT! , you guys must have tasted a lot of American chocolates

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. When we arrived in late 1975, the Peso/$ rate was already near 20:1. I went with my Dad often in Binakayan, Cavite whenever he cashed his retirement check (across the public market). The exchange rate never got below 20:1. I imagine the black market was even higher. I lived the majority of my years there in Pamplona Las Pinas, Manuela Subdivision to be exact. During Macoy's time, it was quiet and his influence seemed far away. In fact, I'd say the best times of my life was spent there. But reading the newspapers, you do get the feeling that something's not right and once the 80's came along, more and more newspapers were becoming critical of him. Of course, once I reached college age, I found out more about his true nature from students in Manila.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 9th, 2006 at 05:58 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    worst? or the one that made it hard for us filipinos. would be the one who approve the Globalization and Open Trade stuff. naging open trade ang philippines. does becoming an import of everyting and an export of none. biruin nyo pati bigas, which is tayo and supplier ng some parts of asia before, e ini import na din natin. paano na mga local manufacturers? mga farmers? businesses na maliliit na kakalabanin ng mga big foreign companies?

though i didnt have any political experience of macoy then, bata pa ako ehhee, i would say, macoy's time, the political arena was really in a disarray. but the economy was stable. but, from cory to present time. i would say they did worse because we are now at an economist (tama be spelling?) worst nightmare. everything is falling from quality of products to value (for purchasing) of the peso to the peoples earnings. everything is so little. and this affects us more. kumakayod tayo ng hindi wastong kita. imho oh and the political arena is still in a disarray. hahaha. we made too much people power(1,2 3 and 4 i think) and nothing happened. same old. same old. no wonder everyones going abroad.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post

i remember they kidnapped my friend's dad and there was this whole hulaballoo in papers (he was working for the toyota basketball team then) yung pala a current opposition person had eyes for him and the result is one of the image models we see half naked in billboards.
    hmmm...could this result's name start w/ the letter b?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    cory aquino. walang ginawa. look at the brownouts after her term. all she did was to get back at the govt. at our expense! all the good projects taht the previous administration was doing she discontinued. if she continued the LRT that time sana tapos na lahat ng routes and the traffic would not have been that bad. all she did was hide under the bed

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Hmmm. When we arrived in late 1975, the Peso/$ rate was already near 20:1. I went with my Dad often in Binakayan, Cavite whenever he cashed his retirement check (across the public market). The exchange rate never got below 20:1. I imagine the black market was even higher. I lived the majority of my years there in Pamplona Las Pinas, Manuela Subdivision to be exact. During Macoy's time, it was quiet and his influence seemed far away. In fact, I'd say the best times of my life was spent there. But reading the newspapers, you do get the feeling that something's not right and once the 80's came along, more and more newspapers were becoming critical of him. Of course, once I reached college age, I found out more about his true nature from students in Manila.
    sir pekto, noong 1975 ang palitan ay P7:$1.. imposible na maging 20:1 noong panahon na iyon. yong sinasabi ko na 7:1 noong Dec 1981 actually ay 8:1 na ang palitan noon. since rural bank lang ang pinagpalitan ko ay 7 lang binigay nila sa akin at dahil high school pa nga lang ako noon. here's the historical exchange rate link of Philippine peso vs. US dollar http://intl.econ.cuhk.edu.hk/exchang...ndex.php?cid=1 baka 1985 kayo dumating sir.

pasensya na sa off topic.
    Last edited by bunge; December 9th, 2006 at 08:18 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I suppose if we're talking pure economics, Marcos wasn't so bad. But, surely there's more to being a president than just economics. Also, even during Marcos' time especially during the last few years, the economy was already starting to go bad. Discontent was already simmering among the average Pinoy. Add that to the already frequent news of people disappearing and ending up dead (and most people attributing them directly to his henchmen), you got the feeling that something was looming.

I don't think it was an accident when my Mom sent me packing back here in 1985. We already know what happened the following year. My sister refused to go. She was getting her 2nd degree in UP at the time and was already engaged to another UP student. My mom refused to leave because of my sister. My Dad went where my Mom went. That left me. I'm the youngest. I didn't have any say. So, off I went.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 9th, 2006 at 08:25 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
who's the worst filipino president of all time?