New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I am not referring to SC only but to the whole of the country.

May mababago kaya sa bansa natin o sabi nga eh "weather weather lang".

Parang panahon ni Erap dati tapos naging panahon ni GMA at mga alipores niya.

Ngayon panahon naman ng KKK???

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    from here on will all politicians be honest sa pag declare ng SALN?

alam natin lahat may hidden wealth lahat ng politician

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

I think most of us knows the answer to that. But I hope the media and the govt agencies who were very eager to divulged Corona's wealth will do the same to all suspected corrupt officials. IMO, Corona's removal will not make much of a dent in the corruption culture in the Philippines. Much of the corruption is done at the lower level of govt plus Filipinos tend to have short memories.

Another point I would like to raise is how to we remove corrupt senators and congressmen considering how our electorate vote.
    JPE's reasoning that legislators are elected officials and that only the people can remove them does not really bode well considering how easily voters can be swayed by money during election time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    I think most of us knows the answer to that. But I hope the media and the govt agencies who were very eager to divulged Corona's wealth will do the same to all suspected corrupt officials. IMO, Corona's removal will not make much of a dent in the corruption culture in the Philippines. Much of the corruption is done at the lower level of govt plus Filipinos tend to have short memories.

Another point I would like to raise is how to we remove corrupt senators and congressmen considering how our electorate vote.
    JPE's reasoning that legislators are elected officials and that only the people can remove them does not really bode well considering how easily voters can be swayed by money during election time.
    It's really sad how the same corrupt politicians get elected over and over again despite their history. Compounding this problem is the seeming inability of our legislative branch to enact a law prohibiting political dynasties --- so it only serves to perpetuate politicians who are already in power by just having their sons, daughters, wives, etc. run for public office.

Dapat talaga sa atin is the "one and done" rule. If you're elected or appointed to government for a specific term, whether fixed or co-terminus, perpetually disqualified ka na to hold other positions in government, together with your immediate family.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    corruption in the country is very difficult to correct. we have the voters who do not think of the future but of the present. for example: whoever gives the most money for the vote gets it. some of our voters vote because the candidate is an "arteestah", maybe because he is popular. the candidates in turn spend millions of pesos to get elected when they know the total pay or entitlements for their term is only in the thousands of pesos. most voters are blind to this. majority of our candidates have personal agenda: to get rich quick no matter how dirty it is. and the voters too, are too naive to get these unscrupulous individuals elected. the voters too are to blame for these incompetents and undesirables in the office

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    It's really sad how the same corrupt politicians get elected over and over again despite their history. Compounding this problem is the seeming inability of our legislative branch to enact a law prohibiting political dynasties --- so it only serves to perpetuate politicians who are already in power by just having their sons, daughters, wives, etc. run for public office.
    Because in the Philippines, Politics is a Family Business.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls

then just apply what Miriam said - politicians will just use dummy names for ill-gotten wealth to escape SALN declaration.

Kaya nga ako di-pabor sa decision eh. We basically made it easier for big fishes to hide their wealth. Just maintain a clean slate SALN. or in general, lalo Lang natin pinababa standards natin for check and balance. Why do you think most of the senators voted for it? Maybe they saw a loophole that is potentially beneficial.

The supreme court is the only branch that totally scrutines evidences. Kung tuusin walang pulitika yun eh. Now we have tarred its image. the fall of Corona only diverted to the people na mas reliable ang legislative body in handling court cases and we all know naman that most of the senators voted cum reelection 2013.

Hay Pilipinas na mangmang at puros galit. Kung Minsan mas gusto ko pa sa Europe at US mag-stay, pero Syempre I cant outsmart 'em 4ever kaya kelangan ko umuwi at gumawa ng pera dito

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    then just apply what Miriam said - politicians will just use dummy names for ill-gotten wealth to escape SALN declaration.

Kaya nga ako di-pabor sa decision eh. We basically made it easier for big fishes to hide their wealth. Just maintain a clean slate SALN. or in general, lalo Lang natin pinababa standards natin for check and balance. Why do you think most of the senators voted for it? Maybe they saw a loophole that is potentially beneficial.

The supreme court is the only branch that totally scrutines evidences. Kung tuusin walang pulitika yun eh. Now we have tarred its image. the fall of Corona only diverted to the people na mas reliable ang legislative body in handling court cases and we all know naman that most of the senators voted cum reelection 2013.

Hay Pilipinas na mangmang at puros galit. Kung Minsan mas gusto ko pa sa Europe at US mag-stay, pero Syempre I cant outsmart 'em 4ever kaya kelangan ko umuwi at gumawa ng pera dito
    haha

madali i-outsmart ang masang pinoy?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls

haha

madali i-outsmart ang masang pinoy?
    yep, the impeachment trial itself can be reversed by the supreme court. and yet a lot of people dedicated a lot of their time on it. in the end. They get the satisfaction like any other movie, bad guy lost. they breathe a sigh of relief.

parang subprime LNG yan *uls, Lehman, F&Mac fell pero kita mo mas lenient pa ngaun ang lending. sa 30k pede ka na magka-rio.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    yep, the impeachment trial itself can be reversed by the supreme court. and yet a lot of people dedicated a lot of their time on it. in the end. They get the satisfaction like any other movie, bad guy lost. they breathe a sigh of relief.

parang subprime LNG yan *uls, Lehman, F&Mac fell pero kita mo mas lenient pa ngaun ang lending. sa 30k pede ka na magka-rio.
    OT yes very lenient lending dito sa Pinas

tingnan mo lang mga low downpayment sa mga new cars. sa mall lagi meron mga display ng iba't ibang brands na "50K ALL IN"

may credit boom sa Pinas. subprime ng oto

later on dadami ang bad loans. credit bust naman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What happens now? After Corona was found guilty?