New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    natural selection does not explain the birds descending from the reptiles. the process is totally different.

MUTATION. it happens all the time. that is why you do not look exactly like your parents. may lahing gumaganda meron naman pumapangit. after mutation then natural selection comes in. the good mutants live, the others do not survive.
    Micro evolution has a horizontal scale, meaning it doesn't produce a new specie. Dog breeder is an example of this, human interracial relationship is also an example of this. The product is still dog and homo sapiens respectively.

What you need is a proof of evolution on a macro scale meaning it has to produce a new specie. Mutation on this level will actually destroy a specie not create a new one. You need to add a new information/data to the existing DNA of a specie to create a new specie and you need both ***es out of that so they can breed.

In the end evolutionist blabbering about Natural Selection is the same with Creationist blabbering about the 6 day creation in the Book of Genesis.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ the problem here is you think everything happened in just 1 generation. it did not. it took millions of years for survivors of the last mass extinction to evolve feathers from scales. it took several millions of years for apes to become bi-pedal.

gusto mo kasi magic, wave of the hand lang may tao na agad.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Micro evolution has a horizontal scale, meaning it doesn't produce a new specie. Dog breeder is an example of this, human interracial relationship is also an example of this. The product is still dog and homo sapiens respectively.

What you need is a proof of evolution on a macro scale meaning it has to produce a new specie. Mutation on this level will actually destroy a specie not create a new one. You need to add a new information/data to the existing DNA of a specie to create a new specie and you need both ***es out of that so they can breed.

In the end evolutionist blabbering about Natural Selection is the same with Creationist blabbering about the 6 day creation in the Book of Genesis.

yebo is right it takes a frikkin long time the timescales here are literally beyond human comprehension. we seem to think the egyptians are totally ancient people but they're only like 5000 years ago. we can't even comprehend 5000 years!

evolution takes place in hundreds of millions of years

go watch the video. they talk about some lizards changing within a few decades. don't be lazy and research on the lizards if you need more info. it sucks to be ignorant. but ignorant AND lazy is just abhorrent

now take these small changes and arrange them chronologically like links of a chain than spans millions of years. with each link representing a generation. adjacent links are capable of interbreeding and thus are considered the same species. over VAST amounts of time all these little changes add up.

if you have a few million years in a lab you can watch this happen before your very eyes.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Wow so I now think that evolution only took one generation. I don't know which part of "I believe in evolution" you two geniuses don't understand.

Perhaps I will just pretend that I'm stupid enough to have the capacity to read about the Cambrian explosion, Protein folds, amino acid to form it and whatnot.

Why don't you two start from the very beginning. Yes, from null then a huge explosion happened and by some random chaotic event galaxy, stars, planets, and life were formed. And by some freak mutation a homo sapiens evolved with their so called cognitive ability that produced science, math, philosophy, arts, politics, and yes RELIGION.

Natural Selection,yes? And I quote myself.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Si Pakyou galing sa monkey. Look at Dionisia. :hysterical:
    this makes sense. still, macsd for president.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    This reminds me of the Scopes (Monkey) Trial in the US in the 1920s where Mr. Scopes was charged with violating state law that prohibited the teaching of the theory of evolution in public schools. Mr. Scopes' defense attorney was the famous Clarence Darrow, while the prosecution was represented by the equally famous William Jennings Bryan. The prosecution argued that the law violated the Biblical teaching on creation. While Scopes was convicted, his conviction was reversed by the appeals court. The state law was eventually repealed.

Watch the movie "Inherit The Wind." It's interesting.
    the cross-examination of clarence darrow was brilliant. i still have the transcript (not the original, of course).

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Wow so I now think that evolution only took one generation. I don't know which part of "I believe in evolution" you two geniuses don't understand.

Perhaps I will just pretend that I'm stupid enough to have the capacity to read about the Cambrian explosion, Protein folds, amino acid to form it and whatnot.

Why don't you two start from the very beginning. Yes, from null then a huge explosion happened and by some random chaotic event galaxy, stars, planets, and life were formed. And by some freak mutation a homo sapiens evolved with their so called cognitive ability that produced science, math, philosophy, arts, politics, and yes RELIGION.

Natural Selection,yes? And I quote myself.

time to wean these babies LOL. enough spoon feeding for you! look it up yourself

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    time to wean these babies LOL. enough spoon feeding for you! look it up yourself
    :banghead: ang hard.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    Bay JM hiram ko sa banat nimo.

Nigga please.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Natural Selection
    I was wondering whether you were going to bring out the Microevolution versus Macroevolution thing.

It's a silly cop-out invented by Young Earth Creationists... It's the height of intellectual dishonesty to recognize one without admitting the other can occur.

In other words, they understand the mechanisms behind it, they just refuse to believe the results.

-

Species don't destroy old species when they bud off. Both subspecies survive until one doesn't. That's why "fittest" is a misunderstanding. If your super-bunnies due to a lack of food to support their energy-intensive lifestyle... from climate-change induced famine... or overgrazing... then you're left with regular bunnies.

Also, there is no magic point at which a species is first one thing and then another. It happens very, very gradually at times... in spurts at others. Hundreds of millions of years equals millions upon millions of breeding generations and millions upon millions of tiny mutations and gradual change.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast