New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The state of the peso has never been weaker....

Train 2 should be scrapped — Recto - The Manila Times Online

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not just train2 but the whole law should be..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Not just train2 but the whole law should be..

I think the whole current admin should be abolished and scrapped para mas maganda. [emoji23]

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm not an economist, but
    the claim is that the current situation is not due to the train, but to other conditions.
    that may or may not be. but the fact is, lifting the tren will help the situation.
    it's not about what caused it. it's about what can be done to alleviate it.
    why can't our decision-makers see the logic?
    am i missing something?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 11th, 2018 at 09:22 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the claim is that the current situation is not due to the train, but to other conditions.
    that may or may not be. but the fact is, lifting the tren will help the situation.
    am i missing something?
    Lifting the TRAIN Law means bringing back the income tax for those earning below 250,000 per year (roughly 20,000 per month). And a bunch of other ridiculous tax procedures that our old taxation laws contains (inheritance, donations, etc).

IMO, the TRAIN Law has an effect on the rising prices of goods but rising oil prices in the world market compounded the problem. And the strategy of this government is not to alleviate the problem but to divert our attention to other issues tsk tsk tsk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Lifting the TRAIN Law means bringing back the income tax for those earning below 250,000 per year (roughly 20,000 per month). And a bunch of other ridiculous tax procedures that our old taxation laws contains (inheritance, donations, etc).

IMO, the TRAIN Law has an effect on the rising prices of goods but rising oil prices in the world market compounded the problem. And the strategy of this government is not to alleviate the problem but to divert our attention to other issues tsk tsk tsk
    sabi nga ng isa,
    tumaas nga ang take home pay ko.
    but natalo pa rin siya ng mataas na presyo ng bads... errr... goods.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    am i missing something?
    Decisions are always multi factorial, in this case the two majors are a) Political b) Economics

Economics wise, additional tax is additional expense for us, additional revenues for the government. It's now turning up to be more burden than help.

Politically, they are having a hard time swallowing their pride, that they made a mistake, at least in it's timing.

Dr. D, it's very hard for someone to face the problem if the problem is their face.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Looking at the Key Provisions of TRAIN 1

Sana may nakaisip na hindi na sinama yung additional tax sa LPG, Diesel, Petrol, Bunker and Aviation...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    am i missing something?
    Decisions are always multi factorial, in this case the two majors are a) Political b) Economics

Economics wise, additional tax is additional expense for us, additional revenues for the government. It's now turning up to be more burden than help.

Politically, they are having a hard time swallowing their pride, that they made a mistake, at least in it's timing.

Dr. D, it's very hard for someone to face the problem if the problem is their face.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    am i missing something?
    lifting train1 - balik sa dati ang income tax, bababa presyo ng softdrinks, bababa presyo ng new cars

bababa pump prices by around P3.00

--

many businesses not affected by train raised prices when train1 kicked in which contributed to inflation

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast