New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Alot of my Pinoy friends in the US are now complaining of hard times.....they are advising alot of people not to go to the US for now (as an immigrant) because of skyrocketing oil prices....
    The big cities/high population states like California maybe. But where we're at and the Midwest it's not so bad. You want to see expensive, go to Europe.

Add: Living/price of living conditions vary from state to state and within states, from town to town. It's not like one big blanket that's the same for everyone.

I imagine we can bear it for a long time. I told my wife and older daughter that we need to cut down on their shopping to save gas. I got a resounding no from both of them......
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 6th, 2008 at 02:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Alot of my Pinoy friends in the US are now complaining of hard times.....they are advising alot of people not to go to the US for now (as an immigrant) because of skyrocketing oil prices...

Price of gasoline in the US is over $4 per liter, while price of gasoline here in our country is over $5 per liter.... People in the US earn x-fold more than here in the Philippines.... Standard of living, although it depends on individual preferences, is more expensive in the US....

6303:fetch:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here's a map showing both US gas prices and of Arizona. If you zoom in the US map to southern AZ, We fall in the dark green where it's $3.74-$3.83 per gallon. Why so low in our region? I don't know. But, I'd like to think we have a smart local government compared to the rest of the state.

Californians...... Geez. I feel for them. But, it sucks to be them.....

http://www.tucsongasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

Add: I forgot to add my wife just filled up the Hyundai the other day. It was $3.83/gal for 87 octane.

A lot of Pinoys think California is the US. I beg to differ. California is merely a part of the US.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 6th, 2008 at 11:44 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I should use that map more. There are gas stations nearby that still have gas at $3.75/gal. They just weren't on my route home.

Add: My wife said that same gas station which had $3.83/gal a few days ago now has it at $3.79/gal.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 7th, 2008 at 05:56 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    California's gasoline is more expensive coz of their stricter emissions regulations.

It costs more to produce their gasoline coz of some additives.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    California's gasoline is more expensive coz of their stricter emissions regulations.

It costs more to produce their gasoline coz of some additives.
    I'd say that and the taxes in general. I lived at the Central Coast for a few years and I remember howling about the taxes.

It's a beautiful area though. I guess you do have to pay to live there.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Dapat sa Middle East magtrabaho kasi grabe bonanza nila sa high oil prices!!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    gas lang ang mura sa Middle East.

anything else mahal...

tubig mahal...

inflation masmataas pa sa atin

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako Canada is the best place to live. Low inflation sub 3%, very peaceful (more than the US who is always a target of terrorist).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ako Canada is the best place to live. Low inflation sub 3%, very peaceful (more than the US who is always a target of terrorist).
    Canada's under as much threat as the US. After all, they have troops in Afghanistan who are active in combat operations. Plus, something like 2% of Canadians are Muslim immigrants. They're mostly peaceful of course. But, radical Muslims can use them as cover or even as a recruiting source much like in Europe.

Add: Didn't Canadian police arrest a number of Muslims who were planning to bomb targets in Toronto back in 2006?

Personally, the safest place in the industrialized world is Japan or maybe New Zealand.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 10th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Stop Pinoy Migration!