New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    It has been an issue since I can remember that the Philippines is in deep sh*t with debt and poverty is just inevitable here.
    But then, why do we see luxury cars being driven (especially by MOST politicians), businessmen/women? As much as I can see, there 3 luxury cars worth more than a mil in 10 cars that you see in the streets? Isn't that odd? You also see a lot super cars (Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche) roaming around the streets of the Metro. Is this really a sign of poverty or it's just a sugar coated country?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i dont think it's odd really. you know how the greedy and sneaky smuggle cars ya know
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I guess so but then, wouldn't it be a great thing if we moved forward? Coz if we do, that will mean more toys for us at a cheaper cost... 240SX. hmmm yummy.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    sna nga mangyari yun. problem is, yng mga politicians natin are only in it for themselves. masyadong maraming nakikinabang sa graft and corruption.
    the funny thing is, magaganda ang mga batas natin. hindi lang tlga naiimplement dahil walang disiplina mga enforcers and karamihan ng mga kababayan natin.

in my opinion, we have 2 main problems that need to be addressed, national discipline and more importantly national pride. unless we develop these 2 characteristics nationally. hindi tlga uunlad bansa natin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blue1108 View Post
    sna nga mangyari yun. problem is, yng mga politicians natin are only in it for themselves. masyadong maraming nakikinabang sa graft and corruption.
    the funny thing is, magaganda ang mga batas natin. hindi lang tlga naiimplement dahil walang disiplina mga enforcers and karamihan ng mga kababayan natin.

in my opinion, we have 2 main problems that need to be addressed, national discipline and more importantly national pride. unless we develop these 2 characteristics nationally. hindi tlga uunlad bansa natin.
    very well said. dapat mailapit natin to sa mga kapuso... Wish Ko lang!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    the ironic thing is that lawmakers are the ones breaking the law
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    after 3 people powers, we are still in deep sh*t. we've changed our leaders every so often, but still we're poor in every aspect imaginable.

maybe, we have a very fractured and sick culture. maybe, it's time to blame ourselves for all of this.

hopefully, we can start change.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    kaya nga napag tanto ng U.S. government noon na buti na lang daw at di pumayag ang pinas gov't na isali sa 50 states...dahil hard-headed at hard-to- handle at mga spoiled brats pa... ultimong simple traffic di kayang sundin...OT

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the word "dysfunctional" seems to be the favorite of the day ... from Inquirer today

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ I hope that this series of events would truly give rise to a new and vibrant Philippines. We do not owe it to ourselves, but to the generations after us....

But we taxpayers who are driving this country are beset by heavy baggages,- politicians and government officials who have insatiable appetite for wealth and power. (This group includes the rich people who underpay their taxes). And poor people who do not pay their taxes and yet, demand so much from the government and yet, can warp our democratic process for a measly sum of money. We're caught in the middle of all these lunatic things. We're getting disenchanted..... Sometimes, I would like to believe that the only hope for a new and vibrant Philippines is to nuke this country and almost all its people to the ground and start anew with 1 year-old and below babies, as one writer sarcastically suggested....

5505:home:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The State of Nation...