New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Maybe our armed forces can learn a bit from what the Malaysians did.
    Maybe, but those Royal Morons are foreigners so it is easier for them to expel them. Pero kapag local residents ang insurgents medyo complicated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Maybe, but those Royal Morons are foreigners so it is easier for them to expel them. Pero kapag local residents ang insurgents medyo complicated.
    Yeah, that's a valid point given they are being treated as invaders.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    BTW, what kind of Malaysian insurgency are you pertaining that was solved in 3 years?
    i think he's talking about communist insurgency vs the legendary VAT 69,
    but the situation how the insurgency started in Malaysia and Pinas is totally different, with respect to the support of local community there's a huge difference.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    but the situation how the insurgency started in Malaysia and Pinas is totally different, with respect to the support of local community there's a huge difference.
    I see. But AFAIK, it was settled in Peace Talks and it happened for 20+ years i think and not 3 years.

The point is no matter how modern, well equipped your military is, yes, you may win a battle but winning the war is a different thing. Tell that to the mighty USA and Israel on their disputes in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Palestine.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    The Malaysians tackled the insurgency in 2 fronts: The hearts and minds of the people and overwhelming force on the rebels.

3 years was what it took to finish off the insurgency problem. Without a war going, Malaysia had much money to spend on infrastructure Hence, they are now nearing Developed country status.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    OK. Three years na kung three years maski kontra sa Colliers Encyclopedia. Sabi mo eh. :D

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Maybe our armed forces can learn a bit from what the Malaysians did.
    Then maybe the MILF, MNLF and Abu Sayyaf will plead for a Ceasefire too.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Then maybe the MILF, MNLF and Abu Sayyaf will plead for a Ceasefire too.
    Hindi halata na idol mo ang Malaysia. :D

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Oh ayan, tumigil na din. Now they want peace dahil uubusin na sila. Hope they learn from this.

Sulu sultan calls for ceasefire in Sabah | Inquirer Global Nation

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mabibilib lang ako sa Malaysian military pag pinasok nila mindanao at talunin nila lahat ng mga pasway dun...Pero kung yung ragtag army lang ni Kiram tapos homecourt advantage pa nila...medyo hindi ako fanboi.