New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Who says BBM malakas sa millenials?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I talked to a few starting with my nephew and his friends. They said that what they were taught in college was that FM was the greatest president this country ever had.

Could it be that the twisting of history started way before the last election, in classrooms whose professors are in the Marcos' employ?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I read a quote sometime before from a politician in the US which says something like, "You can't be wealthy in politics if you're not corrupt."

I think our best bet for our next President should be someone who is already filthy rich so that his/her focus will be on the country and its people.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    I read a quote sometime before from a politician in the US which says something like, "You can't be wealthy in politics if you're not corrupt."

I think our best bet for our next President should be someone who is already filthy rich so that his/her focus will be on the country and its people.

Not just rich. Should also be well educated.

Labas nyan is si pacman kung rich lang ang qualification.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post

Erap was relatively rich but was corupt just the same.

GMA was filthy rich. She became more corrupt.

Digong supposedly has billions in his bank accounts, reason enough for him not to sign a waiver. His son still alegedly tried to smuggle 6.4B worth of illegal drugs (and signs say they were successful since the drugs disappeared).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I talked to a few starting with my nephew and his friends. They said that what they were taught in college was that FM was the greatest president this country ever had.

Could it be that the twisting of history started way before the last election, in classrooms whose professors are in the Marcos' employ?
    Historical revisionism.

I too was taught the same thing.

Good thing i asked my parents and uncles re his dictatorship then ayun, they shared their experiences.

Also google lang katapat niyan.

Problem with people these days is that they readily accept what they hear and what they see as truth without further research.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    GMA? Seriously? She was the one who made corruption an art. Hello ZTE! Hello Northrail! Compared to Marcos she was way better in skimming money from govt coffers. Si Marcos kick back lang from contractors, si GMA from di pa naumpisahan ang project nakuha na in advance ang 20% nila. Yun pa ang isa, si Marcos 10% lang ang kick back, si GMA 20% up front. Add mo pa si FG na 100 units minimum 40 ft container vans per day ang lumalabas sa north harbor na walang customs charges. Kaninong mga kawatan ang mga nasa Duterte govt ngayon, di ba mga recycled GMA con men?
    TONGPATS?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Tried before. Will fail again imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    May not be as straight as an arrow but what do you think are his chances?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Historical revisionism.

I too was taught the same thing.

Good thing i asked my parents and uncles re his dictatorship then ayun, they shared their experiences.

Also google lang katapat niyan.

Problem with people these days is that they readily accept what they hear and what they see as truth without further research.

That is what i always reiterate with my son. Discernment, huwag maniniwala sa mga generalizations and sweeoing statements meant to illicit emotional responses.
    Mag-research din. Ang dali-dali na sa panahon ngayon eh

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Tried before. Will fail again imho.

Conditions will be different this time. If he runs under the admin banner, he could win. But that is unlikely since BBM or Sarah or Alvarez or Pacquiao may beat him to it.

But if he solidifies the opposition (delaws, binays, mirriam and poe crowds), he will have a fighting chance against those names. The guy has been playing safe by calling out this admin on few occasions while at the same time continue to pledge his support. Could he just be waiting for the right trigger to tip scale?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Conditions will be different this time. If he runs under the admin banner, he could win. But that is unlikely since BBM or Sarah or Alvarez or Pacquiao may beat him to it.

But if he solidifies the opposition (delaws, binays, mirriam and poe crowds), he will have a fighting chance against those names. The guy has been playing safe by calling out this admin on few occasions while at the same time continue to pledge his support. Could he just be waiting for the right trigger to tip scale?

If the opposition solidifies, VP Robredo is their best bet to win Pres. If ever she chooses imho. Until now wala ka mabalitaang masamang ginagawa niya e. That bodes well for her imho.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast