New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yep, very few airlines are operating at a profit due to the emmergence of budget acrriers and escalating costs (mostly retirement benefits) of full service airlines. A lot of US and European airlines are also losing money... Its mostly the Asian airlines that are making money (not PAL of course) like Singapore and Cathay...
    Yes it's mostly the state-sponsored airlines who have run into problems. Two big examples are Air France and British Airways; their financial woes were reported as early as fifteen years ago.

Nowadays it's getting increasingly rare for a state-sponsored airline to do well and it would seem PAL is no exception.

I have friends who are pilots' children currently in the PAL flight school program. I wonder what will happen to them now? I certainly hope for their best interest.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Japan Air Lines filed for Chapter 11 at the start of the year.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    yep no difference with doctors,et al. if you are skilled at in demand sa mid east and the like tagilid talaga ang salary sa pinas. kaya nga nangangamba ng brain drain sa pinas yung iba.

btt; if the pilots are still under contract for the training they get(paid by PAL) i think the pilot are at their fault. no difference with thouse SAP/oracle consultants whose training are paid by their present employers.

if they are not under contract but have a clause in their contract that they signed na they have to give a number of days before they leave the company, the pilots are their fault also.

now kung nag file na sila dati pa at nagbigay na ng leeway number of days para makakuha ng kapalit ang PAL then the pilots are vey justified to leave PAL after the number of days lapses.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just saw on TV that PAL pilots get PHP400-500k a month and other airlines offer double or triple?!?!?!

I can't imagine how I could spend that much money in a month! Wow just wow.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 3rd, 2010 at 12:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I just saw on TV that PAL pilots get PHP400-500k a month and other airlines offer double or triple?!?!?!

Saw that also in Ch2's morning show, UKG. Yang amount eh combined basic + allowances.

Ang FAs ba, magkano take home pay nila?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And now you wonder why PAL and many airlines are losing money? Maybe they should look at their payrolls first...

With the emergence of budget carriers the demand for full service airlines have dropped steadily over the years...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Saw that also in Ch2's morning show, UKG. Yang amount eh combined basic + allowances.

Ang FAs ba, magkano take home pay nila?
    Kahit na combined basic plus allowance that is still a lot. Imagine spending P400k here in Manila. Since PAL sila, based sila dito sa Manila. For some people annual salary na yang monthly nila.

I don't expect FAs to earn close to what pilots earn. Di naman sila highly skilled like pilots.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    maybe they dont spend it in Manila since my access sila sa mga international flights, mga mamahalin din binibili nila

so 400K or 500K is not enough.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sisiw lang ubusin dito iyan sa Manila kapag may pinapag-aral kang mga bata at wala kang preno sa gastos...

10.5K:band:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Sisiw lang ubusin dito iyan sa Manila kapag may pinapag-aral kang mga bata at wala kang preno sa gastos...

10.5K:band:
    +1000, napakabilis ubusin niyan...

Kahit na combined basic plus allowance that is still a lot. Imagine spending P400k here in Manila. Since PAL sila, based sila dito sa Manila. For some people annual salary na yang monthly nila.

I don't expect FAs to earn close to what pilots earn. Di naman sila highly skilled like pilots.
    factor in mo pa ang taxes..

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Lack of Pilots forces PAL to cancel flights