New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    what would be the implications if pnoy will apologize?
    PNoy should have apologized a long time ago.

It was really a NATIONAL EMBARASSMENT.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Its a easily replaceable job, they are really not attached to their kasambahay. Iba dito.

The economy not much, they rely more on the mainlanders. Have you seen those mainlanders on their shopping spree? Nakasabay ko minsan sa LV, inubos nila yun mga bags. Eh ang mga ofw, they need to save para may masend home.
    The mainlanders are rabid shoppers. They'd have a massive effect on any economy. A lot of airport and even shop personnel around the world have now been trained to speak Mandarin to accommodate them.

I think there's still a good number of pinoys who buy things there. I know quite a few who go to HK regularly to buy clothes and things. But yes, what we spend pales in comparison to what the mainlanders spend. It makes you wonder how much money they have.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    what would be the implications if pnoy will apologize?

I think it is all about national pride sir.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I think it is all about national pride sir.
    Are we supposed to be proud of how we handled the hostage situation? We f*cked up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Are we supposed to be proud of how we handled the hostage situation? We f*cked up.

True. But the real reason that we fvcked up was not because 8 HK nationals died.

It was because of the lack of consequences or sanctions against those who managed or participated in the whole affair (i.e. Puno, Lim, Manila-SWAT). PNoy should have just followed the recommendations of De Lima in toto. IMHO, that's probably what the families of the victims were after since the perpetrator already died in a hail of bullets.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    True. But the real reason that we fvcked up was not because 8 HK nationals died.

It was because of the lack of consequences or sanctions against those who managed or participated in the whole affair (i.e. Puno, Lim, Manila-SWAT). PNoy should have just followed the recommendations of De Lima in toto. IMHO, that's probably what the families of the victims were after since the perpetrator already died in a hail of bullets.
    And the only one charged was the brother of the assailant. Nobody was made to account for the whole fiasco. That's what got the ire of the victim's families.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Many of the goverment officials involved have left or were voted out of office. Also Malacanang claims to have paid compensation to most of the victims...daw.

Say sorry to Hong Kong, JV Ejercito tells PNoy | ABS-CBN News

Say sorry to Hong Kong, JV Ejercito tells PNoy
    ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 10/10/2013 7:52 PM | Updated as of 10/10/2013 7:52 PM

MANILA - President Benigno Aquino should apologize to Hong Kong for the botched Manila hostage-taking crisis three years ago, Senator JV Ejercito said Thursday.

Ejercito, in a press statement, said Aquino should show humility and own up to the incident that led to the death of 8 Hong Kong tourists and the police officer who took them hostage.

"We were the one at fault, we should apologize. President Aquino ought to show humility on this hostage issue, which had already cost us millions in revenue," he said.

Ejercito claimed that the Philippines has lost around $12 million in revenues because Hong Kong tourists are avoiding the country.

He accused the Aquino administration of sacrificing tourists revenues in exchange for pride.

China earlier this week renewed its call for Aquino to say sorry for the incident.

Survivors and relatives of the victims have been demanding an apology from the Philippine government. They also seek compensation and punishment for the officials responsible for the incident.

"The Chinese government's position on the Hong Kong hostage crisis is consistent and clear. We urge the Philippine government to pay high attention to the requirements and concerns of the families of the victims, take concrete and effective measures and work out a proper solution as soon as possible," Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Huan Chunying said in Beijing.
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 11th, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hindi alam ng mga lespu kung ano dapat gawin. Ito ang linaw ng ebidensya.

Sige lang hataw....masabi lang may magawa....sige hataw pa.

After the hostage crisis. Walang cordon na maayos. Ginawang postcard ng proud to be pinoy movement.

Pwede sana palagpasin kung nalimutan maglagay ng proper cordon. Pero kung ito ang mapapapicture-taking eh malaki talaga problema ng noypi sa pag-gamit ng camera phone.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit sa Taiwan nag apologize, sa HK ayaw talaga?
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chookchakchenes View Post
    Hindi alam ng mga lespu kung ano dapat gawin. Ito ang linaw ng ebidensya.

Sige lang hataw....masabi lang may magawa....sige hataw pa.

After the hostage crisis. Walang cordon na maayos. Ginawang postcard ng proud to be pinoy movement.

Pwede sana palagpasin kung nalimutan maglagay ng proper cordon. Pero kung ito ang mapapapicture taking eh malaki talaga problema ng noypi sa pag-gamit ng camera phone.
    Iyan nga ang nakakaasar diyan eh, di muna nagisip bago kumuha ng picture. Lalo na yung mga taga SOCO, ex cop na nga yung pumatay sa hostages, palpak pa yung operasyon ng SWAT. Kumuha pa ng mga taga SOCO ng personal pics doon.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast