New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Im not a die hard fan of this guy (more of Villar), but lately
    I have been listening to his interviews, mukhang malakas ang political will nitong tao. Parang Lee Kwan Yu.
    I want to "disect" this person and find out if he deseves to be the next President of the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've always liked Dick Gordon. He has the will, the drive and the administrative ability (witness how SBMA has fared since they removed him... )... the only problem is he lacks the exposure and recognition of other, less qualified candidates.

And man, is the guy a good speaker.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

ang dumi ng trapo!

he handled the red cross volunteers hostage situation badly, he was practically opposing all the effort and plans of the AFP.

he heads a supposedly apolitical group, and yet he is a Senator of the land. how can he separate himself, his position from the red cross?

aside from the fact that he is languishing in the bottom of all the Presidential surveys.
    Last edited by shadow; October 6th, 2009 at 12:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    para ba syang si Bayani Fernando?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sa interview na mention about the ratings.
    He said that during his senatorial campaign ganyan din pero he was 4th overall.
    Sa red cross naman member na siya even at the time na tatay pa niya ang mayor ng Olongapo, malamang matagal na. Ramos and Binay are Boy Scout if I remember correct.
    I consider myself a no nonsense person, but when i listen to him he makes sense. Mayabang siya magsalita pero tama and sinasabi niya.
    Kung may baho itong tao na ito I want to know.

In what specific way siya pareho kay BF?

How can we define a TraPo (Traditional Politician)? And how is Gordon one?
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; October 6th, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    top candidate ko ito

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i'm not saying saying he's awfully bad but i suspect his intention of proposing an additional ray in the sun of our flag to honor muslim mindanao. . .an obvious manifestation of a trapo characteristic. . .ano pinagkaiba nya ke villar?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Sa interview na mention about the ratings.
    He said that during his senatorial campaign ganyan din pero he was 4th overall.
    Sa red cross naman member na siya even at the time na tatay pa niya ang mayor ng Olongapo, malamang matagal na. Ramos and Binay are Boy Scout if I remember correct.
    I consider myself a no nonsense person, but when i listen to him he makes sense. Mayabang siya magsalita pero tama and sinasabi niya.
    Kung may baho itong tao na ito I want to know.

In what specific way siya pareho kay BF?

How can we define a TraPo (Traditional Politician)? And how is Gordon one?
    Some observations:

1. 4th overall, senatorial elections - in a contest where the voter has to write 24 names, the law of probability was on his side. In the presidential elections, voters will be asked to write down (or tick if automated) 1 name only. The law of probability may not be favorable this time around.
    2. Mayabang magsalita, pero tama ang sinasabi - in many cases, yes. But it is the same yabang that turns people off and alienates the masa. Yung yabang gets in the way. Kaya siguro mababa ang ratings.
    3. TraPo - for someone who used to be a critic of PGMA, he became a pro-admin senator. That's trapo in my book. His bluster and bravado also makes him come across as one, IMO.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I will respect all views!

Question.
    Why 24 names?
    Hitler and Ali where mayabang but they can mobilize and deliver.
    I dont really know kung whether pro or anti GMA siya or issue oriented ito.
    Elaborate if you can please!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    He definitely has the political will, independent mind, and a proven action man. But he always sound like he's bragging and tend to patronize others who do not share his opinions. It is his high brow, tactless approach that made him a marked man to many. He has the feistiness just a little less than Sen. Miriam Santiago that alienated many potential allies.

If he has the financial resources of Villar, he should make a run for the presidency. If not he should have an established political party to make a credible run. Again, if this not the case, he should wait for another six years and try to be a nicer fellow.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
Gordon will!