New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pumapasok sa ulo ko pag pinaguusapan ang frat ay ito.

Revenge of the Nerds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    hindi lahat nang frat masama ang influence at hindi lahat nang frat ay gumagawa nang hazing.

Our frat ay walang hazing but mahihirapan ka talaga sa utos at papagudin ka para sumunod pero walang sakitan, sa amin kailangan ma-achieved mo ang grade point average na pinatutupad namin.

Tulungan sa pag-aaral ang pinaiiral namin, may savings kami para matulungan ang mga member na kapos sa pera dahil hindi na kaya ang gastos sa pag aaral. Lahat nang alumni ay may share para matuloy yun.

May frat na maayos ang pamamalakad may frat naman na hindi kaya kailangan alamin din kung maayos ang frat.
    meron din pala ganyan mga frat dito kala ko sa ibang bansa lang. alam ko kasi halos lahat ng frat dito physical ang hazing. anyway yung mga ganyan klase ng frat i could understand why someone wants to join. sa states kasi madami ganyan frat kaya accredited ng mga universities nila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Back in college, bawal ang frat. There were a group of pacool kids though na feeling frat kung umasta. I preferred to be active in orgs kasi it gives you connections as well as social interaction.

So far, nakagraduate naman ako and nakahanap ng trabaho without needing a "brotherhood" to back me up.

However, in law school or med school, mas may value yung frat. Wala kasing org dun so the frat is the closest thing to a support group. My friend na kasali sa soro, sabi niya hindi naman daw hazing yung initiation nila, more of ipapahiya ka lang.

But now that they're more senior, nakikita ko yung mga activities na ginagawa ng soro nila (med missions, fundraisers, etc) and it's not so bad naman.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    meron din pala ganyan mga frat dito kala ko sa ibang bansa lang. alam ko kasi halos lahat ng frat dito physical ang hazing. anyway yung mga ganyan klase ng frat i could understand why someone wants to join. sa states kasi madami ganyan frat kaya accredited ng mga universities nila.
    hindi lang naman filipino phenomenon iyang hazing bro. actually mas worse pa nga iyong sa 'tate kasi they put more imagination into it

The Top 10 Worst College Hazing Rituals

ang totoo hindi lang sa high school nag-start iyan frat activities. ang lakas dati ng recruitment ng sa upper levels of the grade school dept in my school before. i remember i was being recruited or pinapasaringan na ko ng mga batchmates ko ng grade 6 ako. they were into enticing impressionable young kids to join them and increase their ranks because it's the cool thing to do daw

the funny thing is when i transferred institutions for high school, basically walang presence ang mga frat. iyon nga lang mas rabid naman ang school loyalty so parang iyon ang nag-replace siguro sa frat mentality
    Last edited by baludoy; July 7th, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    PHL frats were largely patterned after US Greek-letter societies, and so the similarities in rites of passage.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums🙈🙉🙊💀💩

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Maraming school na nagbabawal ng fraternity sa campus

posted via Toyota

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Fraternity/Sorority is not necessary in school/university. Based on my observation and experience, P.R. (public relations) or being friendly is better than being a frat member. Many young people, usually teenagers are encouraged to join frats/sororities because of connections, protection, cool image, etc. I grew up in a violent world where gangs which are frat like group were common during my teenage years. I was actually one of the founders of one group. After a year of founding my group, I decided to join one of the top legitimate fraternities of the Phils. Top - in terms of numbers of the members, & legitimate - because it is registered in the SEC. Unfortunately however, our frat & sorority had a bad image in the Phils. because some of our brothers who are out of school youth were involved in frat wars & crimes. We have these so called community chapters which made our image bad. The reason why we have these community chapters where most members are out of school youth is that they serve as reinforcement/resbak to the students-brothers who are in trouble with the rival frat or other groups. When I was in College, di na ko nagpa-welcome sa ibang chapter ng frat ko. I don't want to be in trouble because of my frat. It is then that I realized that it's better to have a few true and loyal friends than to have a thousand fraternal brothers. However, until now, i'm still an active member of my frat but i seldom attend meetings. More on financial & moral support na lang, but i'm still proud to be a member of my frat, kahit maraming tambay/out of school youth o presong members, marami din namang professionals like lawyers, priests, politicians, BJMP, PNP & AFP officers, etc. All walks of life kasi ang membership ng frat namin. Later on, being a prof. in the college of law, i became one of the founding members of a new organization, we call it a society whose members are lawyers & law students. We still have hazings pero minimal lang and halos di ako sumasabay, kasi kung ako lang, personally, ayaw ko na ng physical hazing. Mas gusto ko pang ipa-memorize & ipa-recite ng important law provisions ang neophytes. I've been interested in joining Freemasonry about 6 years ago, but until now, I have not seek its light due to lack of time & naisip ko, dagdag gastos pa. I have so many friends naman in my city so, marami na rin akong connections, hehe!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The funny thing is some schools ban fraternities yet its an open secret.

Kaya if i were to decide I'd rather recognize the fraternity rather then letting them go ubderground mas mahirap lalo na kung may ganitong kaso. If recognized yung frat madali ipatawag yung officers and mas ingat sila magkamali. Still i think no one can stop hazing for good na yan.

Nung freshman ako sa college twice ako ininvite ng ganyan to the point na pinapasok ako sa room while may klase kami.

I declined i don't have the balls hehe

Can fraternities bring you somewhere? Unfortunately from where i stand and what i see? i think yes.

Fraternity and politics blends really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^Hypocritical for some schools who know of their presence but continue the non-recognition. This just drives these groups to go underground, making the school unwary of their activities. Better to recognize them so they can be put under school rules on organizations.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums🙈🙉🙊💀💩

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bro, I believe somebody made the stereotype comment but not me. No offense meant but I am just trying to understand the rationale behind joining a frat so I can provide my son the proper perspective should he decide to join one someday. That being said, can you share your reasons for becoming a frat member and the positive results for being one? If I am convinced, I might even encourage my son to join so he can outgrow his love for online games!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Check the history, the achievements, the alumni, and the present involvement of its members in university/school activities

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Is Fraternity/Sorority A Must in Schools?