The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    here's one good news!!!

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/152826/S...on-dads-advice

Sen. Bong Revilla shelves VP aspiration on dad's advice

03/16/2009 | 12:16 AM

MANILA, Philippines – Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. has decided to shelve his plan to run for vice president in the 2010 elections following the advice of his father.

In a report aired over "Showbiz Central" on Sunday, the younger Revilla disclosed that his father, former Sen. Ramon Revilla Sr. had advised him "to wait" instead of risking his political career in what he called a "one-on-one competition."

"Actually sa totoo lang daddy ko ang pumupigil sa akin na tumakbo akong bise-president kaya medyo nag slow down ako," Revilla said. "Sabi niya: 'Anak, you're still young. Gusto ko senador ka lang. Bata ka pa. Huwag kang magmadali."

[“Actually it was my father who stopped from running as vice president. That’s why I slowed down. He told me: 'Son, you’re still young. I want you remain as senator. You’re still young, don't rush."]

Revilla made the statement during the 82nd birthday celebration of his father last week.

The elder Revilla, who is chairman of the Philippine Reclamation Authority (PRA), is still recuperating from a stroke he suffered last September.

The younger Revilla, for his part, said he would heed his father's earnest request, saying he could not turn down the appeal of his ailing father.

"I'm willing to wait," he said.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Sino pa ba tatakbo pagka VP this 2010?

Bong Revilla has confirmed that he will run as VP this 2010.

(:pope:.....Sana matalo.)
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    here's one good news!!!

Hehehe.... sigurista dahil malaki naman ang kita sa Senado....

7606:mobile1:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well I hope he does not even attempt to run for VP, Revilla Jr. that is...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    kailan ba available yung automated election machines for 2010? dapat nasa dry run stage na ang comelec para hassle free ang 2010 elections!

dapat ang tamang term na ginamit ni agimat ay "huwag ka ng tumakbo para sa vp anak dahil hindi kaya ng "powers" natin para manalo at mauubos lang ang naipon mo sa pagka senador"

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    Gilbert Teodoro so far has clean and admirable records although being in the side of GMA is a liability on his part. He should be wise enough to distance himself from her kung clean election ang mangyayari in 2010 (moreso if the opposition would field a common candidate) Kunsabagay, malayo pa ang 2010 so baka looking for a good timing pa sya to have a more dramatic impact.

Remember he still has his uncle, Danding Cojuangco who is still a Kingmaker in politics world.

Agree. Napanood ko yung interview sakanya and nagtataka yung si Pia Hontiveros kasi for the first time daw ay walang negative na comments sakanya ng mga viewers. Ok sya sakin kasi hindi sya takot sa mga left wing party list na mahilig mang gulo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I find Teodoro's statement "I will only run if I get GMA's endorsement" puzzling. That is, if he really intends to run. I am sure the guy is aware GMA's endorsement is viewed by most political analysts as the "kiss of death."

Given that, I am more inclined to believe the coffee shop rumors that Teodoro is simply a red herring to take away the heat from Chiz, who has decided to run for president as he feels he will be too old to connect with the youth in 2016. Chiz has reportedly received the blessings of both Danding and his ninang, GMA. Hence, Teodoro's announcement.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    why am i not surprised that escudero is running, despite his short tenure at the senate? pagnakikita ko to sa tv sa mga senate hearings, sa tono pa lang ng pagsasalita alam mong nagpapa-impress na!

when i went up north last september, i saw several MMDA streamers and posters in the countryside, particularly bulacan, nueva ecija and nueva vizcaya. bat parang hindi ko nabalitaang parte na ng metro manila tong mga probinsyang to? bayani naman, wag naman masyadong obvious! e hindi ka pa nakaupo ginagastos mo na pera ng mga tao para sa sarili mo! and btw, with all the pink lines and pink barriers and pink structures in the middle of the metro's busiest streets, metro manila does not look gwapo at all, not even gwapito!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMO, wala lahat sila na moral ground to lead the country....

7707:band:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka raw mag-tandem sina Bros. Eddie Villanueva at Mike Velarde for Pres/VP.........

Eto pa. Itong si Willie "Menyek" Revillame, shoo-in daw para tumakbo sa Senate! May kakuwentuhan na si Leon Guerrero.......

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Napanood ko kagabi ang ad ni Mar Roxas,- nag-padyak pa ito....

7808:spam:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Election 2010