New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hindi madedelete yung thread na ito kung walang papasin. Kung marami na, yun, delete ito para walang bad rep yung religion nila.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    paki back up na tong thread na ito.
    Baka bigla din mawala without any warnings or explanations....
    Ang galing ng mod na yun!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    the Bible was compiled by people with an agenda

they were creating a religion and they needed a manual

they deliberately chose writings that were in line with their agenda and rejected writings that werent in line with their agenda

like writings where Jesus was not co-equal to God the Father

the powers-that-be forced the Trinity concept

anyway there were many writings that werent included in the Bible and the writers were branded as heretics by the powers-that-be

most Bible-toting Bible-quoting Christians don't know the history of the Bible

you know when I stood there in Foro Romano (ruins), Rome last year, i could picture in my mind how brutal the pre-Christianity ancient Romans were when they tried to police the world that time. (dati ata parang sila ang USA, policing Africa until Persia (modern day Iran). the ruins had so many dungeons and punishment areas as well as mini-theaters (this is where siguro some criminals got fed for the tigers and other carnages na watched in public). though Rome was called an ancient civilization, nowhere in those bldgs. setup did it show that it was civilized at all. made me wonder, pa'no kaya kung hindi na-convince si Emperor Constantine to embrace Christianity, how will the world look like now?

kaya nga nagtataka how people just brush it off na niluto yan bible to omit some truths to it para utuin ang mga tao that time. before Rome I also visited Spain, France, Florence Italy. and you know what I have deduced? yun questions nyo ngaun na totoo ba talaga ang diyos at ang bible was the same struggle 2000 years in the making. i saw churches and bldgs. made from 7th century to 12th century to the dark ages, to the renaissance. you can really see the differences per century on how man developed his belief of God. kakatakot yun mga 7th century churches, still may signs ng barbarism/carnage and it was not until I went to the Vatican - my last stop, did I realize na indeed Vatican is the most civilized of them all. but of course, Florence is an exception, iba talaga ang Firenze churches whew.

after seeing all of these, I asked myself do I have the right to simply consider the bible as plain propaganda campaign to control people? my answer is a BIG NO! i cannot question something that was 2000 years in the making where so many people lost their lives attacking / protecting / embracing / rejecting religion. siguro just dwell on the fact that after 2000 years, we are the outcome. a civilized society that was molded by Christianity. I have yet to visit Jerusalem (the birthplaces of the 3 religions) pero from the google pics pa lang, why is it that the holy land / middle east does not look anywhere like what i've seen in Europe. bakit parang yun na nga, mukhang Ancient Rome pa din ang middle east. so yun lang, go there. wag rely sa internet at nababasa, and then arrive on a conclusion that the bible is just a hoax. I tell you it's not

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    you know when I stood there in Foro Romano (ruins), Rome last year, i could picture in my mind how brutal the pre-Christianity ancient Romans were when they tried to police the world that time. (dati ata parang sila ang USA, policing Africa until Persia (modern day Iran). the ruins had so many dungeons and punishment areas as well as mini-theaters (this is where siguro some criminals got fed for the tigers and other carnages na watched in public). though Rome was called an ancient civilization, nowhere in those bldgs. setup did it show that it was civilized at all. made me wonder, pa'no kaya kung hindi na-convince si Emperor Constantine to embrace Christianity, how will the world look like now?

kaya nga nagtataka how people just brush it off na niluto yan bible to omit some truths to it para utuin ang mga tao that time. before Rome I also visited Spain, France, Florence Italy. and you know what I have deduced? yun questions nyo ngaun na totoo ba talaga ang diyos at ang bible was the same struggle 2000 years in the making. i saw churches and bldgs. made from 7th century to 12th century to the dark ages, to the renaissance. you can really see the differences per century on how man developed his belief of God. kakatakot yun mga 7th century churches, still may signs ng barbarism/carnage and it was not until I went to the Vatican - my last stop, did I realize na indeed Vatican is the most civilized of them all. but of course, Florence is an exception, iba talaga ang Firenze churches whew.

after seeing all of these, I asked myself do I have the right to simply consider the bible as plain propaganda campaign to control people? my answer is a BIG NO! i cannot question something that was 2000 years in the making where so many people lost their lives attacking / protecting / embracing / rejecting religion. siguro just dwell on the fact that after 2000 years, we are the outcome. a civilized society that was molded by Christianity. I have yet to visit Jerusalem (the birthplaces of the 3 religions) pero from the google pics pa lang, why is it that the holy land / middle east does not look anywhere like what i've seen in Europe. bakit parang yun na nga, mukhang Ancient Rome pa din ang middle east. so yun lang, go there. wag rely sa internet at nababasa, and then arrive on a conclusion that the bible is just a hoax. I tell you it's not
    hahaha... yeah a thread like this provided an opportunity for you to brag about where you've travelled huh? facebook and twitter ain't enough?

GMAFB (gimme a freaking break)

you're already biased before you went to those places. you look at the world with colored glasses. you see what you wanna see. you already had a Christian perspective before you saw those places then seeing those places only reinforced your faith

like my mom who's a devout catholic she went on a pilgrimage to fatima or lourdes (sorry i dont remember which and it doesnt make any difference to me anyway) with her friends... lalo na-strengthen faith niya kay mama mary

Europe is what it is today not coz of Christianity. Europe is civilized coz of SECULAR HUMANISM. countries in Europe (specially Northern Europe) are the least religious in the world
    Last edited by uls; April 25th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i never find arguments of religious people convincing

sobra obvious where they're coming from. they can't even hold back their religious bias when making an argument. it leaks out everywhere. and they clearly lack knowledge of what they're arguing against

wala naman sila alam sa ibang religion. they never bothered to listen to the teachings of other religions coz their conscience bothers them when they do. and they're afraid they might get pulled by other religions

wala sila alam sa atheism so they ask stupid questions like "if you don't believe in God what's to stop you from doing bad things?"
    Last edited by uls; April 25th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i never find arguments of religious people convincing

sobra obvious where they're coming from. they can't even hold back their religious bias when making an argument. it leaks out everywhere. and they clearly lack knowledge of what they're arguing against

wala naman sila alam sa ibang religion. they never bothered to listen to the teachings of other religions coz their conscience bothers them when they do. and they're afraid they might get pulled by other religions

wala sila alam sa atheism so they ask stupid questions like "if you don't believe in God what's to stop you from doing bad things?"
    Atheist ka ba?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'm irreligious

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ..... wag rely sa internet at nababasa, and then arrive on a conclusion that the bible is just a hoax. I tell you it's not
    The Bible is a censored book of what the Catholic Church wants you to read and believe in. Centuries ago, the Church decided to remove gospels, books, letters, etc from the "official" Catholic Bible. Why? I guess the truth of the early church was too much? But don't just believe in my words. You can travel and find out about the "lost" books of the Bible and why they were removed. Some were removed because of movements of prominent women in the early Catholic Church in a man dominated society. Others were removed because the words of certain apostles did not "agree" with the them (church leaders).

http://www.thelostbooks.com/list.htm

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

like i said they had to tailor the Bible to fit their agenda

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a civilized society that was molded by Christianity.
    yeah that civilized Europe you so admire... that Europe you say is molded by Christianity... they have been fighting among themselves throughout history... until as recent as WW1 and WW2

they created the European Union to prevent more wars

molded by Christianity

whatever

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
4 big myths of Book of Revelation