New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kung may pera lang ako, i'd get a 2nd Gen Pajero. i like the ground clearance. :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sawa lang ako sa SUV ngaun, gusto ko naman maka-drive ng BMW or any 2-door sports car pang-daily. kahit nga yun 2-door MR2 na box type lang

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It's a matter of preference, to own an SUV you might be ready spend more compaired to an ordinary car FC and maintenance cost. Some could interpreted as status symbol for the one who owns it . Others are just for their own self reward

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    sawa lang ako sa SUV ngaun, gusto ko naman maka-drive ng BMW or any 2-door sports car pang-daily. kahit nga yun 2-door MR2 na box type lang
    Kung sawa ka na sa SUV, akin na muna yung Santa Fe mo. Iingatan ko yun, pramis.

Ok lang ako sa SUVs. Nasa may-ari naman kasi kung responsible ang paggamit niya. Wala sa laki yan; nakaka-encounter rin ako ng mga driver na barumbado magpatakbo ng mga subcompacts nila, palibhasa kasi maliit, kaya ang lakas ng loob sumuot kung saan-saan.

What I hate to see, though, are SUVs that are unable to realize their true potential as machines. Especially pimped-up SUVs -- panipisan ng gulong, pakintaban ng bling-bling rims, palakihan ng sound setup.

Such metal masterpieces don't deserve to be wasted in the hands of posers. They're better spent hitting the trails and getting dirty like they're supposed to.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you live in a farm lot and unpaved roads going to your residence then an SUV is a must..

i don't see the point why anyone would need an SUV when they live in the city..

this is why most provinces in the philippines have unpaved roads. The politicians (mayors, governors, congressmen) drives and owns SUV's so they would not care about the roads being lubak lubak ..

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I personally have 2 SUVs and 1 mid-sized V6 sedan.

My preference is to drive the V6 sedan over the 2 SUVs. Firstly, it's more agile, comfortable, faster, lakas aircon (because the space is smaller) and a bit incognito/low key.

I bring the SUV only when I need to carry a heavy load or when I have to bring my kids with the yayas. I find it bumpy (Fortuner) because of the rear 2 link rigid axle. Ah, also when my sedan is color coding.

A good marriage would be the Range Rover - it's fast (V8), and comfortable at the back due to the air/multi-link suspension. But I'm not ready to blow P8M on an SUV, so I'll just settle with my sedan in the meantime.

And for those SUV drivers who think their ego is attached to their cars and launch those big Ford Expeditions/Chevy Suburbans to cut you like it's their devil-sent mission to piss you off, my message to you low lives in arabic is ..

"Faq U".. you should be sentenced to driving a Kia Picanto for life without tint.

Cheers.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I LOVE SUVs....but i hate the drivers..suvs dont pose a threat they dont move on thier own..its the drivers that controlls them..drivers that use sirens and flashers counterflowing the traffic going thru red lights as if they own the roads..specially those alam nyo na ..""police-tician ako"" ka asar ,,ive followed one of this convoy..trip lng ,,,to were they are going, 3 black suvs,coz i was so pissed by what they did..i found out they where just drivers of this vehicles ..no important persons or whatsover,,when they got out they where laughing ,,walking across the street goin to a restaurant....sarap sagasaan...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo View Post
    di ko maintindihan some hate suv's but they're ok with a small car - i mean both emit the same waste... just in different amounts. why not just hate all fossil fuled vehicles right?

lets just all bike, run, swim or walk great cardio work out too hehehe
    Tumpak.

I personally dislike modern SUVs. Why? Heavier than cars, high roll centers, unsafe under braking, too much power for their handling abilities.

But in terms of fuel consumption... so? As automotive entusiasts, we lionize sports cars that struggle to get 10 mpg... and we get mad at SUVs that get 16? Nobody who actually owns a motor vehicle is innocent of using up our fossil fuels. A Prius owner is just as guilty as a Jazz owner, who is just as guilty as an Expedition owner. We all use gas. And if we bike to work... we still use fossil fuels to light our homes and run our laptops. Not directly... but some of us will use more fossil fuel this way, by buying power sold by power companies burning coal or diesel, than we do travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by ekimonk View Post
    if you live in a farm lot and unpaved roads going to your residence then an SUV is a must..

i don't see the point why anyone would need an SUV when they live in the city..

this is why most provinces in the philippines have unpaved roads. The politicians (mayors, governors, congressmen) drives and owns SUV's so they would not care about the roads being lubak lubak ..
    If you live in the city, you don't need a car, either... motorbike or commute nalang...

On the other hand, that brings up a question... why do people need cars at all? They take up valuable urban parking space, use more fuel than motorbikes, and can't go off-road (supposedly... my Lynx has scuff marks that say different... ).

That's why I'm not pro- or anti- SUV in the ecology debate. I dislike them, but purely for personal reasons. Meaning: I don't want one because I don't need one, but if I needed one, I'd get one. If I could afford the gas, I might get a V8, but realistically, for my needs, I'd settle for a diesel SUV... even though the last time I drove a diesel SUV, I got an average of 5 km/l.

Kaya nga di puwede sa akin...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    take this quote of an Anti-SUV...

"The weapon for mass destruction!"

and he concluded...

Buy a Hybrid? Hahahahah...

These guys are mean... An anti-suv, youtube user quoted, "Ah, if only ALL freakin' SUVs would crash and die. What a wonderful world it would be."

Dami talaga galit... Have you seen those Chevy Tahoe ads? Check this out: http://news.com.com/1606-2_3-6056633.html?tag=ne.vid
    Last edited by drey; June 29th, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    city dwellers who have 24/7 public transport don't even need a small car.. they just need to hop on the public transport

what is wrong with metro manila or the Philippines, is we drive cars because the air pollution is just too much.. (because of the old jeepneys and buses in the streets)..

so i guess the philippine government can save a lot if only we remove the jeepneys and buses and replace with cleaner small cars ..

--

damn politicians don't care about air pollution and unpaved roads because they ride SUV's ..

politicians should try to public commute to know the problem and make laws about it!

ultimong si manny villar pa nga nagsabi dati "e baka pagdating namin sa senado e maitim na ilong namin sa usok?" when told to try to do public commute..

bulok talaga mga politiko..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Anti-SUV Debate Thread