New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    xto, sabi nila may FM(98-00) gen2.5 pajero 4wd manual tranny...pero ako, personally, kakaikot, wala po ko nakita...JDM-convert, merong ako nakita 1x lang, bare model nga lang...

mostly matic ang mga gen 2.5 local pajero,e...malay mo may makita ka.... ako trip kong local 4x4 is the safari lalo na yung last 1998 model.. 4.2 i-6(td42, 7-seater at may 2 cooler box! wala lang kasing turbo at h/l wiper-washer..)
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; August 3rd, 2007 at 11:23 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    of course ANYBODY CAN CLAIM THAT .... pero ang sa akin lang ay have they done and succeded in doing it?!?

if that endeavor was a simple thing, then they (all other 4x4 makers) should have done it na a long time ago pa...

i think it was a toyota (dealer) in great britain who took the challenge and have the toyota modified by the artic truck group.

To think, james was a brit and a rover-lover...YET he (or they at Top Gear) didn't choose the rover (wonder why?!?) for this task.

So AFAIK, the 4x4's of hilux and the landcruizer HAVE DONE IT and succeded in that endeavor...for now (for me), they are as trust worthy and reliable as the sleighdogs in the cold regions and

....perhaps on almost all other places na on earth - they are present in the jungle challenges of Malaysian Rain Forrest Challenge, they are present in the dessert (even if mitsu wins in dakar races) as evidence in LCs in saudi.

it would not be fair to compare a hot area than a cold area kasi magkaiba ang stress nito sa mga machines and electronic gadgets.

so hindi porket one vehicle survives the jungle or the desert...(i think) it is not an automatic thing that they would survive the cold north pole region.

maniniwala lang akong kaya nila pagnasubukan na nila yung ganun challenge.
    yes anyone can claim that... why do I feel like your angry...

Heres the question, who is in the right mind is going to go to the north pole to risk their lives into some 4x4's and die. Who is it on the right mind that it is proven that dogs are the most efficient way to go there and not 4x4's. Reliable nga sila, but they are very risky to be in the fleet of replacing the dogs. If it was safe, every manufacturer is going to do it!

Here is another article, its no north pole but the temperature has passed -80 degree fahrenheit a close to 120 degree fahrenheit being the coldest place on earth. British Antarctic Survey has hired a fleet of L200's.

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/2005/s...er/23/6993.asp

Heres a pic of a Pajero gen 3.

Technology is here, there are many other things to prove reliability than risk people lives.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi guys,
    i need your opinion,sugestion.plano ko kasing bumili ng nissan patrol this coming december,yung safari series,95 -98 model,gusto ko lang sanang malaman kung anong pros and cons nito.including gas mileage.available kaya ang lift kits nito?your answer is very much appreciated guys.thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cons lang siguro ay baka medyo major na ang needed body repair ng ganyan ka tanda na ride...magaling magpakalawang ng fender (mostly rear) ang mga nissan pickup and suvs.

4 to 7 km/L is expected kasi 4.2L na inline 6 cylinder ang TD42 na model...pero timing gear eto kaya halos "unbreakable". Sana merun turbo model yang TD42...

Try to look for or get the one with differential lock na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dennis Powell,
    All local GQ model (PSG) Patrol releases locally has factory installed diff lock. If you're planning to get one, look for the late "96 model up. Maganda na yun rustproofing niya or is it the kind of metal used that makes it corrosion resistance. Watch out for worned sidings, eto mahina sa patrol. and as wildthing has mention, rust sa fender and some on the sideroof. Upgrades/lifts are readily available at a price of course. Expect truck like interior sound and ride.

yummy,
    I have a '95 with all the option that a '98 has. The only thing missing is the electronic climate control and the thingie ornament on the hood.

drey,
    Di galit si wildthing, actually wild lang yan pero mabait yan. ;)

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I was wondering if its worth getting a nissan patrol, pajero or land cruiser even if its 10 years old? How about those old BJ series land cruisers.They look preatty cool especially when taken care of.Is it hard to maintain the old BJ series land cruisers in terms of parts?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The three trucks youve mentioned is still worth getting if its on its tip top condition. A lot of Gen 1 Pajeros are still running on our streets today and the parts availability of the 4D56 is limitless. Same with the Patrol but with the exception of not-so many parts available compared to the 4D56.

The Land Cruiser, other engines may come hard to find, a little bit.

Again, these three have a lot of stories to tell and I might think they will be classics in the future. I hope these three trucks will remain unforgotten by Filipinos who eagerly watch too many Pinoy-corny films.

*afrasay: Actually, when I first read his reply. My knees were shaking. I dont want to unleash myself being a firebrand in the forum. I want to make friends with everybody. Its just, sometimes I dont know that my post were already directly arguing with someone. Its just my opinions...

*wildthing: la paz sea contigo
    Last edited by drey; August 4th, 2007 at 07:27 AM.
    iam3739.com

sir afray > so mula 95, halos ganun na din pala ang laman..minus the hood ornament, "ES" badge, how about the corner lamps?...

pero di talaga nilabas dito yung td42 turbo at h/l washer surplus lang talaga....

sabi nila, 10litro ng engine oil, 2 oil filter daw to....tama ganun nga consumo, 5-8km/l-->same sa maxima ko (sulit na din considering size and power nito)!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    salamat sa reply nyo ha, anyway meron na pala akong prospect na 97 patrol,kapit bahay namin ang may ari at sabi ng bayaw ko ibebenta na daw nila,kaso di ko pa alam ang specs.(engine dis.,interior,etc.) pero palagay ko ok pa yun kasi magaling mag alaga ang may ari,tanong nga pala ano bang meron sa bubong nya bakit ang taas? sana nga ito na yung mga sinasabi nyong specs.

maganda yan, pero see mo posts sa taas, may mga sagot na ako about that.. 94-98 patrol iisa lang yun.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
4X4 lovers