New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    Sir,
    based on my experience sa 4x4 if yuo want something na pwede all around get a land cruiser..70-80 series..which has a solid axle also yuo can modify it by having aftermarket springs,shocks,lockers,limited slips..this is the best 4x4 where durability and toughness proceeds its name..the under carrieage of this vehicles can withstand even the toughest off-roading..coz weve been using prado and vx diffs here in our 4x4 vehciles,even with tires up to 38'' it can handle the poundings .. for prado 70 series i suggest u get the one with a 1kz 3.0L engine..
    I thought the Best 4x4 By Far are Land Rovers, or was that Before? ;)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    we have like two 4x4 cars in the garage today, CRV 1st gen and Ford explorer. ewan ko ano ba kaibahan talaga hehehe. early this year, I sold my 4x4 strada na madalas ginamit ko lang naman sa city.

ano ba talaga advantage neto, hindi kasi ako mahilig sa tech stuff sa tsikot

mas potent 4wd ang strada than CRV (na ang 4wd ay mostly assist lang) at sa ford-explorer..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    * alfrasay.

sir as we have experience here in mindanao based on off-road competitions we havent seen any land rovers being entered in the competition,although there might be some but not exactly that many, land rover diff cannot withstand the torture of 36-38 inch tires as what others have percieved and also the lack of traction aiding systems from the factory has made it unsuitable for competiton although there are available but people in off-roading prefer cruzers over rovers..i have a friend who owns a shop exclusive for rovers and defenders,and has seen the axle sizes..he himself agrees that the axles cannot survive like the axles from the land cruiser vx and prado..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aside from its toughnest, I suppose the price difference, parts availability plays a big factor why more land cruiser than rovers are use in competitions around the country. But follow the Rain Forest Challenge in Malaysia and you'll see why the Defender is a favorite trail and all around vehicle. As for traction control aids, Range Rovers and Defenders now offers a whole lot of those, some upon customers request. Cruiser, Rovers, Patrol, etc has their own strenghts and weaknesses, It's a matter of where, what and how we use them.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi kaya dahil sa mahal lang ang land rover stock parts and after market parts dito sa Pinas kaya hindi popular ang mga ito? unlike the land cruizers.

anyway, after viewing the North Pole trip of the Toyotas (hilux and landcruizer) ... bilib nako dito kaysa any other 4x4... all the rest have become second na lang compared to these two 4x4s.

Every 4x4 can boast off-roading on a desert, forest/jungle, pinatubo, a lake, or even espana's streets during rainy seasons but not all can boast that they can reach the north pole and antartic and return to tell about the trip.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    hindi kaya dahil sa mahal lang ang land rover stock parts and after market parts dito sa Pinas kaya hindi popular ang mga ito? unlike the land cruizers.

anyway, after viewing the North Pole trip of the Toyotas (hilux and landcruizer) ... bilib nako dito kaysa any other 4x4... all the rest have become second na lang compared to these two 4x4s.

Every 4x4 can boast off-roading on a desert, forest/jungle, pinatubo, a lake, or even espana's streets during rainy seasons but not all can boast that they can reach the north pole and antartic and return to tell about the trip.
    any manufacturer can do that... beater 30 year old 4x4's can endure the hottest part of the country nga eh...

The Toyota's reached the north pole because they were a team. If Nissan/Mitsubishi/Suzuki were to put a team to the north pole, they would have reached it as well. Kung kaya nga ng Toyota, what more a Land Rover.
    iam3739.com

honestly, myself lang po...

parang alanganing ko na mag-2wd, lalo na kung sa van... kasi 4wds can do what 2wd can.. but 2wd cannot do what 4wd can...mas mabuti na nandyan kahit di mo agad kailangan, kaysa kung kailangan mo na wala naman...

siguro kung 2wd ako, i may choose focus 2.0 diesel nalang.....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any manufacturer can do that (north pole challenge)...
    of course ANYBODY CAN CLAIM THAT .... pero ang sa akin lang ay have they done and succeded in doing it?!?

if that endeavor was a simple thing, then they (all other 4x4 makers) should have done it na a long time ago pa...

i think it was a toyota (dealer) in great britain who took the challenge and have the toyota modified by the artic truck group.

To think, james was a brit and a rover-lover...YET he (or they at Top Gear) didn't choose the rover (wonder why?!?) for this task.

So AFAIK, the 4x4's of hilux and the landcruizer HAVE DONE IT and succeded in that endeavor...for now (for me), they are as trust worthy and reliable as the sleighdogs in the cold regions and

....perhaps on almost all other places na on earth - they are present in the jungle challenges of Malaysian Rain Forrest Challenge, they are present in the dessert (even if mitsu wins in dakar races) as evidence in LCs in saudi.

it would not be fair to compare a hot area than a cold area kasi magkaiba ang stress nito sa mga machines and electronic gadgets.

so hindi porket one vehicle survives the jungle or the desert...(i think) it is not an automatic thing that they would survive the cold north pole region.

maniniwala lang akong kaya nila pagnasubukan na nila yung ganun challenge.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Makisingit na rin po. Gusto ko ng local fieldmaster but I think 99-00 lang
    naglabas ng 4X4. tama ba? My questions: May m/t ba nito? Magkano ang
    bilihan nito? I’m still waiting for the decision ng kilala kong doctor dito na
    ibenta na yung 4X4 FM nya. TIA

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
4X4 lovers