New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i was wondering if you guys can help me with my problem. i was trying to replace my 99 honda civic stereo in my 1987 honda accord with a pioneer head unit. i removed the civic stereo & plug in the pioneer head unit. it did not turn on. i checked all the wire connections & all connections are good. thinking that my pioneer head unit was bad, i plugged the civic stereo back but it did not turn on as well. i tightened all the connections but nothing happened. when i plugged in my stock cassette radio, it worked fine. what do you guys is the problem? did i blow a fuse? all electronic equipment in the car is working. i appreciate anyone who could help me on this weird problem.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    double check the wiring diagrams

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteimage
    . i checked all the wire connections & all connections are good. thinking that my pioneer head unit was bad, i plugged the civic stereo back but it did not turn on as well. i tightened all the connections but nothing happened. when i plugged in my stock cassette radio, it worked fine.

check your unit power diagrams

check fuse

try connecting all 12 volts +(ignition ,power antenna, power etc.. ,)all positive power polar wires to your + battery(directly),then ground - ..

do not include the positive speaker polar and negative.

no power, unit maybe defective

if unit turns on, you need to recheck all your connection,,,

no luck , bring your vehicle to the nearest car service stereo center
    Last edited by axelangel007; June 13th, 2005 at 02:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by axelangel007
    check your unit power diagrams

check fuse

try connecting all 12 volts +(ignition ,power antenna, power etc.. ,)all positive power polar wires to your + battery(directly),then ground - ..

do not include the positive speaker polar and negative.

no power, unit maybe defective

if unit turns on, you need to recheck all your connection,,,

no luck , bring your vehicle to the nearest car service stereo center
    unit power diagrams & fuse are OK. i was able to plug the pioneer head unit to my friend's car & it worked fine. i was able to get it work the first time i connected it with just the battery, accessory, illumination, ground & rear speaker wires connected. its really weird why both units won't work anymore even though i did not mess with the wiring harness of the civic stereo. anymore ideas?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    check your car fuse panel with tester

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka may lock ang hu mo.yung hu na tinanggal namin from our old l300 ganun.di ggana unless unlocked siya.security features.we never bothered to unlock it though.so i dunno how.go to pioneer centers nalang

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thanks for all your opinions! it turns out that i blew the clock/ecu fuse. i replaced it & it works now.

Weird Stereo Installation Problem -Pls. help