New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    gandang araw po mga masters me tanong lang po ako.

1. Para saan po ba purpose ng muffler exhaust upgrade? performance or mileage o looks lang at para astig sounds?

2. ano po advantage ng high end spark plugs? yung mga iridium etc?

3. para saan ba yung k & n air filter, yung parang cone?

4. ano po advantages ng pagagamit ng high end/expensive oil ? ie: motul, mobil etc.. ,mas praktical ba to since mas matagal ang pagpalit?

alin po ba sa mga upgrades/ mods na e2 ang advisable/practical sa pang city driving. casual use lang - school-home at konting side trips hehehe. mileage ang primary consideration po.

5. Ano po ba normal dapat na temp reading? gitna ba ng gauge or lower? or ok lang kahit ano temp as long as d nag ooverheat?

sencia na kung sabay sabay tanong.

tia. tia. tia.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Performance, but only if you've fully upgraded your intake, headers and midpipe. Otherwise, it's just noise. IMHO, intakes and headers have a greater effect on mileage... but, who knows, maybe those tiny shower-head tips that taxi drivers put on their cars actually help save gas...

2. Depends on the car, depends on the plug. Some cars benefit, others suffer, because high-end iridium plugs often have weird head designs. For your particular car, you'll have to research websites and forums dedicated to the car.

If the iridium plug is the same design as stock, benefits include longer spark life and more stable spark... not something you'll really notice in regular use, though.

3. K&N cone filter equals around 3-5 more horsepower when it's cold, and minus 2-3 horsepower in hot traffic... ...supposedly gives better fuel economy, too, but I haven't particularly noticed any difference after installing mine.

4. High end? You mean synthetic? Advantages are a longer interval between oil changes, but they cost so much, you're still spending more. (400 pesos for regular oil for 2 changes is still less than 1500 for synthetic for one change)

It's the other advantages that are more worth your money, smoother running, longer life, better resistance to degradation from heat and friction (which affects multigrade mineral oils badly) and slightly better economy and power (depending on the oil weight).

But with our traffic situation, it's not advisable to use long oil change intervals anyway (opinions vary)... so it's up to you. You can use synthetic to baby your engine, or you can use mineral and save money.

Me? I use synthetic when I can, but not to save money.

5. Normal temp reading, at center or just a little lower, depending on your car. As long as the needle doesn't go above midline, it's okay.

RE: Mods? Depends, what car?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. it's to expend exhaust gases faster, hence producing more power. depending on the type of muffler you use (freeflow or chambered), increase in the powerband will vary.

2. longer intervals of changing

3. it's to make your intake system suck in more air to fuel bigger combustion, producing more power.

4. same as #2. some say it affects/improves their fuel consumption

5. just below the mid level of the gauge should be just fine.

for spark plugs, stick with stock specs. you can try going fully synth oil also. among your stated options, i think these 2 would suit you best for your daily driving chores.

CMIIW nalang guys.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The search function is your friend.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    tnx po mga masters.

*niky

1. intake po is the air filter ba? ano yung headers at midpipe? pag snbai ba n muffler system it includes intake, headers, midpipe at yung exhaust tip mismo?

2. fcone filters pala not advisable in our hot metro manila traffic?

3. for say 1k difference between multigrade mineral and fully synthethetic (1k sa petron multi grade oil versus 1.9k motul gamit) better na din synththethic?

tnx. tnx.

*SSaloon

ano po yung freeflow versus chambered? which is better freeflowmo chambered?

tnx. tnx. tnx.

pahabol lang po, para saan ba yung grounding kit? purpose po nito?

sencia na kung morronic yung mga tanong ala lang ako talaga alam pa sa autos masyado at newbie pa d2, just trying to learn. binabasa ko nga ibang forums di ko masyadong maintindihan kc madaming terms na ngayon ko lang naririnig plus yung mga abreviations hehehehe. dun nga sa 150+ pages ng detailing thread ala akong naintindihan hehehe.

ang nahuhulan ko palang "imho" at "tia" at "Afaik" hehehe.

tia po.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chambered - more torque pero less hp gain. mas tahimik
    freeflow - slight drop in torque, pero more hp gain. mas maingay.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men View Post
    tnx po mga masters.

*niky

1. intake po is the air filter ba? ano yung headers at midpipe? pag snbai ba n muffler system it includes intake, headers, midpipe at yung exhaust tip mismo?

2. fcone filters pala not advisable in our hot metro manila traffic?

3. for say 1k difference between multigrade mineral and fully synthethetic (1k sa petron multi grade oil versus 1.9k motul gamit) better na din synththethic?

tnx. tnx.

tia po.
    1. Intake - that's the stock air filter plus the rubber tubing, or the aftermarket cone and stainless tubing.

Muffler is only in regards to the "can" at the back of the car.

An exhaust system is composed of the following:

headers/exhaust manifold - pipes connected to the engine
    midpipe - pipe that runs underneath the car, may include catalytic converter and resonators
    muffler - the can and exhaust tip

2. Yup. Cones give you more power, but removing the stock air box and cold air ducting causes a loss of power in hot weather. That said, I have a cone installed. Yes, it feels slow in traffic, but it drives slightly better at other times, so I keep it. I'm going to have a heat shield box fabricated for my cone in the next few months.

3. I prefer synthetic. It just doesn't save you any money. Personally, I don't like long change intervals that people use with synthetics (10,000 kms) because they don't take into account the destructive effects that heat and traffic have on the engine oil... so even with synthetics, I change around 5000 kms anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *ssaloon

sorry sa kakulitan pero pag torque, that means improvement sa initial na accelaration. from stationary to mobile. mas malakas?

pag hp gain, mas mabilis takbo pag running na?

any effects on mileage?

tia po.

*nicky

ala bang effect sa fuel consumption pag naka cone?

paki update naman sir kung napagawa mo na yung heat protector mo s cone para sa mga nagbabalak mag pa cone.

tia po.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    1. Para saan po ba purpose ng muffler exhaust upgrade? performance or mileage o looks lang at para astig sounds?0
    I think there's no much gain with just swapping mufflers, you gotta get the whole cat back, increase the piping for better air flow in order to see some "performance" gain. However, most people do it for looks and sound...
    3. para saan ba yung k & n air filter, yung parang cone?
    it's "supposed" to let more air in...
    4. ano po advantages ng pagagamit ng high end/expensive oil ? ie: motul, mobil etc.. ,mas praktical ba to since mas matagal ang pagpalit?
    I'm not so sure but when I tried the Mobil1 Extended Performance, it looked cleaner after 4k miles than the regular Mobil1...
    alin po ba sa mga upgrades/ mods na e2 ang advisable/practical sa pang city driving. casual use lang - school-home at konting side trips hehehe. mileage ang primary consideration po.
    regular maintenance... otherwise, if you'd like to mod the car, it's up to you whether or not to go for performance/cosmetics, but please search before anything else...
    5. Ano po ba normal dapat na temp reading? gitna ba ng gauge or lower? or ok lang kahit ano temp as long as d nag ooverheat?
    middle, but it the oil is still colder even when the temp needle is in the middle so drive under 3.5k or so for the first 10-15 minutes to get the oil warmed up...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    torque = force pushing the car forward
    hp = it's just something off of an equation, it varies, to me it's nothing to look at, instead, torque curves, powerband are more of a concern

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
upgrade questions..