New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A full box heat shield costs a lot. Mine will cost between 4k to 7k. I'm currently using a 500 peso Simota Heat shield.

K&N filters are supposed to help consumption, but I can't tell. My current consumption hovers between 8.6 and 9.6 km/l (mixed city/highway/hataw/traffic), but I've got other mods, so I can't be sure what does what.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hhmm... ako kaya anu pwede ko gawin to gain some torque?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    On small displacement cars? Increase displacement by using a stroker kit, but it doesn't give much, unless you do a 2.0 bottom end swap... :evil:

A longer intake tract gives more torque at the expense of horsepower...

The only sure way to increase torque on a B16 is with a turbo or supercharger.

RE: HP versus torque... True, HP is merely a mathematical calculation of torque and rpms, but HP really matters in racing.

Torque - it's that kick in your back as you launch the car.

HP - it's what gets you to the finish line.

The old adage: HP sells cars, torque wins races isn't strictly true... I've never seen a truck win a stock car race... What is true, though, is that good HP without good torque will severely hurt performance numbers. As with the SiR, there are cars that match it in the quarter mile at a similar weight and less horsepower simply because they have more torque.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    On small displacement cars? Increase displacement by using a stroker kit, but it doesn't give much, unless you do a 2.0 bottom end swap... :evil:
    hhmm.. :seesaw:
    gusto ko kasi mag palit ng b18!
    anu ba sa tingin nyo mas maganda ko gawin b18b na block(non-vtec) para LS set-up or b18c5 na block! hinde ko alam kung alin sa dalawa mas maganda! kasi kung internals lang nila ang mag kaiba eh pag nag stroker kit ako mapapalitan din lahat ng internals nila! at presyo kasi ng b18b is 1/4 of b18c5

Yoko mag turbo mas trip ko all motror eh!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahirap mag-block swap... you've got to find someone good at it, and if it's not well done, you could be looking at a high maintenance set-up.

If your original motor hasn't been compromised yet, and you're using it on the road, forget the block-swap, just save up for the B18.

You could, of course, go full exhaust and intake. With the right exhaust, you won't lose any torque. Tapos lightweight pulleys at flywheel, then cams... just don't get cams that are too aggressive, otherwise, say goodbye smooth idle, and hello big gas bills...

You just have to accept (for the meantime) that lunging torque just isn't the SiR's calling... same as I have to accept that I can't hit 160 hp with my stock muffler (aggghhh... the dyno!)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mahirap mag-block swap... you've got to find someone good at it, and if it's not well done, you could be looking at a high maintenance set-up.
    kung mechanic lang pag uusapan wala ako problem sa mechamic sa h3 ko nag papagawa eh!

If your original motor hasn't been compromised yet, and you're using it on the road, forget the block-swap, just save up for the B18.
    grabe naalala ko nanaman ung dati kong cams un crower pag bumukas na ung v-tec talagang mapapasadal ung ulo mo sa headrest! kaso wala na sya ngaun eh!

anu kaya
    b18b:seesaw:b18c5

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Neither... K20... :evil: ...kaya lang, sobrang mahal pa...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    exclude the supercharger, a b16 with upgraded cams and tuned matches a b16 with a stock b16 with JRSC...

RE: HP versus torque... True, HP is merely a mathematical calculation of torque and rpms, but HP really matters in racing.

Torque - it's that kick in your back as you launch the car.

HP - it's what gets you to the finish line.
    hp = [torque x rpm ] / 5252, it is a mathematical calculation

What is true, though, is that good HP without good torque will severely hurt performance numbers. As with the SiR, there are cars that match it in the quarter mile at a similar weight and less horsepower simply because they have more torque.
    turbo s14 Silvia vs ITR The ITR is pushing 200 HP and roughly 140 tq only... I don't know of any car with about the same HP number but has more torque that could kick a Type R in stock for stock form...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    b18b:seesaw:b18c5
    b18b < b18c < K20

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mamar, I think you should hang-out at Honda-Tech if you really wanna learn about your car, but there're are mad haters in Honda-Tech that you might not be able to handle... However, Team-Integra.Net is also there, but you have to be patience during your first few weeks of posts, there isn't a site as strictive as T-I, I'm telling you, there's a T-I member who hits 12.XX in the quarter mile with an LS, non-vetec setup... I forgot his username, it was a long time ago when I was still hanging around there... GL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
upgrade questions..