New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yung turbo timer ba hindi siya naka install by default?
    anong cars ang may factory installed na turbo timers?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik walang cars locally na may factory turbo timer. although sa thailand, merong factory turbo timer ang mga fortuner nila.

it kinda makes you wonder why mitsu and subaru didn't install a factory timer on the evo and impreza...

extrang kita nila...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    The advantage of turbo timer is it's very CONVENIENT to the driver.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks guys for your valuable inputs.

now who's selling a slightly used turbo timer for everest?

just PM or text 0917 7925734

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    NA = Naturally Aspirated

Non-turbo engines.

Turbo timer does allow you to literally leave your ride while its turbo cools down. It does eliminate the hassle of having to wait for the turbo to cool down. The better brands/models have the functionality of shutting off whenever you put down the handbrake, as a theft deterrent.
    could you tell us what are these better brands/models - i'll see if it's within my budget?

thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is it such a big deal, though, on a water-cooled turbo? I thought the Everest had a water-cooled unit, not an oil-cooled one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    kung may water line papunta sa turbo from the radiator then back sa radiator? mine's 2c-t, at yun napansin ko...
    it's a water cooled turbo, however, I'm still scratching my head... in townace forums, they said it's not necessary for a 2C-T/3C-T to have a turbo timer because it's water cooled. however, just last week when we cleaned and replace O-rings on a 2c-t turbo, it also has an oil path in the turbo. just like the water path, the oil has in and out paths...
    Last edited by rion; September 22nd, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nagpabili ako sa thailand ng turbo timer last July 2006. brand nya is automann. fit na fit cya sa switches ng everest.

setting nya is 30 secs, 1 minute up to 9 mins.

since 4x2 lang ang eve ko, ni-remove ko yung 'blank' rightmost switch & dun ko nilagay yung turbo timer (sa 4x4 everest, eto yung RFW switch)

another pic, pag sa gabi

OT: yung dimmer switch pinabili ko rin sa thailand & very simple lang ang installation! yung foglamp switch dito ko na lang pinakabit sa casa.

- JagXtrm

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    it kinda makes you wonder why mitsu and subaru didn't install a factory timer on the evo and impreza...
    The car manual on most turbo cars tell the owner to idle the engine for a few minutes before shutting it off. I idle my Plymouth Laser RS Turbo for a minute or two before shutting it off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Turbo Timer - What's the Advantage ?