New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    guys,

just want to know what are the pros in installing a turbo timer - say to an everest?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by everg View Post
    guys,

just want to know what are the pros in installing a turbo timer - say to an everest?

TIA
    a turbo timer will give time for the turbo to cool down to prevent the oil lubricating it from burning inside it when the engine is turned off.

You can also simply idle the engine for one to ten minutes minutes (depending on how hard you have driven the vehicle in the last 10 minutes) for it to cool down.

kung may water line papunta sa turbo from the radiator then back sa radiator? mine's 2c-t, at yun napansin ko...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    a turbo timer will give time for the turbo to cool down to prevent the oil lubricating it from burning inside it when the engine is turned off.

You can also simply idle the engine for one to ten minutes minutes (depending on how hard you have driven the vehicle in the last 10 minutes) for it to cool down.
    *ghosthunter

thanks for the reply. so it is basically a protective or warning device - so you wont turn off the engine right away and damage the turbo after a ride. am i correct?

also, so what turbo timer would you recommend and what's the estimated price?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dami nagbebenta ng 2nd hand turbo timers sa mga car club forums. good brands are greddy, apex'i, and hks. prices range from 2-3k depending on the brand and condition. make sure na complete lang yung harness ng timer before purchasing a 2nd hand unit.

may built-in turbo timer din ang clifford car alarm.

take note, useless ang turbo timer sa NA engine

anu po kailangan para msabing complete ang used T.timer?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basically yun lang. timer itself plus the harness to connect it to the ECU i think.

kung sa turbo-diesel, saan i-tatap?

dami used timers nakatambak sa katayan malapit sa amin. walang harness,e.....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    dami nagbebenta ng 2nd hand turbo timers sa mga car club forums. good brands are greddy, apex'i, and hks. prices range from 2-3k depending on the brand and condition. make sure na complete lang yung harness ng timer before purchasing a 2nd hand unit.

may built-in turbo timer din ang clifford car alarm.

take note, useless ang turbo timer sa NA engine
    *ssaloon

pardon my ignorance - but what's NA engine.

thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by everg View Post
    *ssaloon

pardon my ignorance - but what's NA engine.

thanks
    NA = Naturally Aspirated

Non-turbo engines.

Turbo timer does allow you to literally leave your ride while its turbo cools down. It does eliminate the hassle of having to wait for the turbo to cool down. The better brands/models have the functionality of shutting off whenever you put down the handbrake, as a theft deterrent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Turbo Timer - What's the Advantage ?