New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sirs, i need help. last saturday, i was checking my tire, since the air valve was leaking. when i'm finished checking, i found out that there is unusual grease on the back side of the mags, inspecting further, i found out that the axle boot was torn. how much ba ang mag palit nuon? (for civic 96). saka what would happen if i hadn't found it out? nai-ilang tuloy ako gamitin dahil baka i-tirik na lang ako nun basta. thanks for the help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ian rex,
    minor prob lang naman yan dont worry you can still drive sa suking talyer mo,
    mura lang ang axle boot.

while you're at it pa check mo na rin mga bushings, arms, tie rod, repack bearings.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    oo nga e. kaso ang problema ko kasi yung pambayad...hehehe anyway, nagtanong-tanong din ako, i will going to need velocity grease, to replace the old one kasi nag-spill e. saan ba nakaka-bili nun?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you bring it to a talyer they will have it for you. shouldn't be more that 150 bucks.

ok lang naman yung prob mo pero wag mo patagalin kung kaya coz once may masira sa suspension the rest tend to follow.

goodluck having it fixed!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah have your axle boot fixed ASAP. mura lang yung boot, mura din ang grease. should not exceed 400 petot for everything (materials and labor).

if you don't have that axle cleaned and the boot replaced, dirt will get into your CV joint and destroy the joint. that will be MORE expensive (2000+ ang CV joint, wala pang labor dun, then you will need a wheel alignment after replacing the CV joint).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i have bought already. original farts este parts for my honda. it cost about 4000 bucks. hell, ganun talaga para tumagal saka, i-try to maintain yung car in pristne condition talaga. as in lahat except consumables, as much as possible, original lahat kahit nut na maliit pa yun. =>

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your car will probably be delighted and serve you more years to come.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    aside from this axle boot, im also replacing the clutch na rin('clutch clatter'), kasi i figure out, since kakalasin din naman, bakit hindi pa isabay. kaya ayun, bibili na rin ako nung piyesa para sa clutch. im hoping that my ride will run good as new. hehehehe baka ngayong weekend. it's a good thing that my uncle was a mechanic, so bawas na ang gastos sa labor. =>

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    di naman binababa yung tranny when replacing the boots. pero if wala ka naman gastos on labor then why not?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun naman pala eh....may pwesto ba ang uncle mo?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
torn axle boot...