New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hindi ba may stone guards yung mga disc brakes?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if the rotor has a scratch,iparesurface mo na lang yan kasi di magtatagal ay magkakaroon ng ingay yan or magseshake yan,and besides,rotor does not include in your warranty,just be sure to get the rotor thickness measurement before and after cut,para maicompare mo sa rotor discard thickness,and also ask them how deep is the scratch and how much thickness do they wanted to cut from the rotor,keep the numbers and compare,,kasi kung magkamali sila ng cut,pwede mo sila di bayaran at possible na puede mo papalitan ng bago,free of charge.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I dont think its possible for small stones or any hard material to get in between the pads and the disc kc sobrang liit ng clearnce para mkapasok tong mga bagay na gant. Anyway observe m n lng if this still happens then meron tlga sumsabit sa knya baka yung calipper

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we've seen lots of stones make their way between the rotors and the pads in the shop...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah. Driving through floods is a good way to promote uneven wear... Especially if you'd been driving long distance before you get to the flood... hot brakes + water = ouch.

Oh well... just try to feel them out. Sometimes, refaced brakes overheat more easily than new ones (depends on how warped they were), but if they don't feel different after driving through traffic, they should be okay.

Also, ask around... medyo mas mura bumili ng new rotors sa labas kaysa sa casa. Mga 2000 yata ang laro ng presyo nun sa labas.
    halos ganito nga ang price sa labas ng casa. same happen to me, yun nga lang, naka warranty kasi brake pads ko kaya pinapalitan na nila sa akin rotor disk and it cost me 2450.00 ang isang side para ma avail ko warranty ng pads...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
rotor disc