New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    nakakainis talaga itong problem nakakahiya sa kapit bahay dahil ang lakas umusok sa umaga. at least 5 mins lang mausok then ayos na. dont wish to spend so much on this car sana my dad who used this car before had a stroke and up to now he is still in therapy kaya the budget limited. And also am in the process of restoring an '87 L300 van pang business. Tapos last week pinasok nanaman namin siya sa st lukes because of bacteria in his stomach.

I wish I can solve the problem so that the car is again back to its good running condition and be useful. am really puzzled as to why the car acts like that.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Yup this problem "comes and goes". The first time his rig spewed out white smoke was a couple of months before the Edsa incident happened. It'll exhibit the symptoms (white smoke, engine vibrating/shaking, and unstable rpm) one day and the next day it's normal.

Check your dip stick first thing in the morning.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    found the main culprit its in the fuel injection system. The problem is the fuel that is stored my guess in the fuel filter goes back to the fuel tank. So when I start the car at first its alright but after the next seconds it dies because of fuel starvation. Solution is the have the pump repaired. Temporary solution is to pump the fuel filter while the ignition key is at on so that I can remove the air then start the car. With this temporary solution I can start the car normally.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi Johnart, Nice to hear that you are ok now.
    By the way, can you please elaborate on pumping the fuel while the ignition jey is on. How do you do that? How do you pump the fuel? Is that by pressing the accelerator prior starting the car?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Hi Johnart, Nice to hear that you are ok now.
    By the way, can you please elaborate on pumping the fuel while the ignition jey is on. How do you do that? How do you pump the fuel? Is that by pressing the accelerator prior starting the car?
    Its not as simple as using the accelerator sir( sanay po kayo sa gasolina noh ? : ) ). Its using the hand pump on top of the fuel filter. Pressing it down and pumping it till it gets really hard to pump. Which mean air has been removed from the fuel system. BTW this procedure is not the complete one. To completely remove the air you have to bleed the fuel line by opening the fuel hose one by one. Which is very messy.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    para kang nag bo- bomba ng tubig sa poso,

pasiritin ang diesel fuel sa mga linya,
    messy talaga,

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4
    Yup this problem "comes and goes". The first time his rig spewed out white smoke was a couple of months before the Edsa incident happened. It'll exhibit the symptoms (white smoke, engine vibrating/shaking, and unstable rpm) one day and the next day it's normal.

Check your dip stick first thing in the morning.

Oil level is ok sir. Since I found the culprit. Do you have any suggestions to where can have the injector pump fixed and calibrated ?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Johnhart, I will try to do that (pumping on fuel filter top) and see if there are some improvements too.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Thanks Johnhart, I will try to do that (pumping on fuel filter top) and see if there are some improvements too.

Good luck sir and I hope hindi injector pump ang sira sa inyo because I asked around it would cost P15,000 at the least. I haven't found a trustworthy calibration shop yet

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    i need to know how to bleed the fuel filter din.. assuming nakabit na ung bagong fuel filter, anong tamang step?

a. pump muna bago gabit ung mga hose?

b. kabit muna mga hose, luwagan ung bolt then pump?

help naman! i'll be replacing my filter this weekend.. bumili nako ng tools. thanks!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
problem with my pajero