New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi Jonhart, I tried to pump the filter from the top several times but i can't get to the point that it will harden. I don't see any changes on my engine behavior after that too. Yep, I just hope it has nothing to do with injection pump.
    The_possessed, I cant help you too. Maybe some other tsikotters might.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_possessed
    i need to know how to bleed the fuel filter din.. assuming nakabit na ung bagong fuel filter, anong tamang step?

a. pump muna bago gabit ung mga hose?

b. kabit muna mga hose, luwagan ung bolt then pump?

help naman! i'll be replacing my filter this weekend.. bumili nako ng tools. thanks!
    kabit mo muna ang filter huwag mo masyadong higpitan

then pump, punuin ng krudo ang fuel filter , tapos sisiriit yun krudo sa filter. hold down to lock the injection pump then tighten to close the filter.

fitting sa ibabaw ng fuel filter pasiritin din para lumabas ang hangin

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Johnart,

Congrats on figuring out your car's problem.

I just found this thread tonight and I had been suspecting a problem with the fuel pump/distributor, even before Paj4x4's post affirmed my suspicion. Sure enough, it was in the fuel pump/distributor per your confirmation.

This has been an educational thread for me. Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting experience.

Happy motoring everyone.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by axelangel007
    kabit mo muna ang filter huwag mo masyadong higpitan

then pump, punuin ng krudo ang fuel filter , tapos sisiriit yun krudo sa filter. hold down to lock the injection pump then tighten to close the filter.

fitting sa ibabaw ng fuel filter pasiritin din para lumabas ang hangin

thanks axelangel! do i do this while the hose are connected? ung pasisiritin ung fitting ang last step ba? thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Hi Jonhart, I tried to pump the filter from the top several times but i can't get to the point that it will harden. I don't see any changes on my engine behavior after that too. Yep, I just hope it has nothing to do with injection pump.
    The_possessed, I cant help you too. Maybe some other tsikotters might.

Did you try putting the key on the heater position then pumping the fuel filter ? BTW when I pump it takes around 10 or more times. But then your pajero has no problems. It might could be that your filter which you said was 9 months old and may need replacement Or other things oil, air filter, or timing ?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadetree MKNX
    Johnart,

Congrats on figuring out your car's problem.

I just found this thread tonight and I had been suspecting a problem with the fuel pump/distributor, even before Paj4x4's post affirmed my suspicion. Sure enough, it was in the fuel pump/distributor per your confirmation.

This has been an educational thread for me. Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting experience.

Happy motoring everyone.

Sadly nanduon nga yung problem might cost me 15k or more to repair. I was hoping it was a different component in the engine because there are a lot of remedies. Since its the fuel injectors no choice but to have the whole thing fixed.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Johnhart, I pump the filter before I start the engine. Dapat ba heater on muna bago pump?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Johnhart, I pump the filter before I start the engine. Dapat ba heater on muna bago pump?

For my pajero since may problem I dont have the time to open each injector to release the air(bleeding). Ang pandaya is put the key at heater then pump so that the injectors are open. So when you pump air maybe pumped not but completely and fuel may be pumped in : )

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi Johnart, Ok na rin ride ko. I replaced the fuel filter and bleed thru injectors. Ride is smoother and responsive. Grabe yun VAT na yan, 10% price increase na rin sa ElDorado, Two days ago I called Eldorado for fuel filter price, 1750 raw, kanina 1925 na dahil daw sa 10% VAT. Hirap naman makipagtalo sa tindero dahil napag-utusan lang daw sila ng mitsubishi.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hi Johnart, Ok na rin ride ko. I replaced the fuel filter and bleed thru injectors. Ride is smoother and responsive. Grabe yun VAT na yan, 10% price increase na rin sa ElDorado, Two days ago I called Eldorado for fuel filter price, 1750 raw, kanina 1925 na dahil daw sa 10% VAT. Hirap naman makipagtalo sa tindero dahil napag-utusan lang daw sila ng mitsubishi.
    congrats sir ayos na ride ninyo Parang it would be a nice idea to buy car parts (filters) now amd keep them for future use para cheaper.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
problem with my pajero