New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Can somebody post fuel filter bleeding process for 4m40 engine. I'm experiencing Johnart predicament too but not that much. Thanks.

sir like hard starting and white smoke ?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Johnart, I can start my rig in 1 click in cold morning. However, the body shake is very unusual at very low and erratic rpm. Just like you I have to step the accelarator for a moment until the rpm stabilized. I have noticed this for the last two weeks. I'm ruling out glow plugs or electrical stuff as I could bring to life the engine in one click. My battery is just 2 months old. Last time I replaced my fuel filter is 9mos ago and in that period I haven't bleed the filter (excpet of course when it was installed).

So can somebody post procedure on how to bleed the fuel filter

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ui may mechanical term na pala to..'johnart predicament' hehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    hard starting sa umaga ,pwedeng battery
    sulit kana sa battery mo 3 yrs na pwede ng palitan ,
    or pa check mo muna ang voltage nyan kung ok pa ,sa battery shop,

check heater glow plug ,
    check starter (baka kailangan ng cleaning )
    check injection pump (sa calibation center kailangan ng tamang idle adjustment or needs to be bleed)
    sabay check sa nozzles and fuel filter
    check fuel tank (baka me nahalong tubig, needs to be drain and clean)
    check fuel lines
    compression test
    check engine

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Johnart,

If there is excessive white smoke, the engine shakes/vibrates a lot, and you cannot control the rpm the problem is with the injection pump. Diesel fuel is getting into your engine. The injection pump's bypass plug is busted.

Pull out your dipstick and smell/feel the oil. If you can smell diesel fuel and/or if the oil is kind of diluted/thin (malabnaw) then this is the culprit.

A friend of mine with a Gen 2.5 experienced this last year. He was on Edsa and suddenly the 4m40 engine went wild - rpm went up to 4k and really excessive white smoke came out of the tail pipe. It was so excessive that vehicles/buses following him stopped or slowed down due to poor visibility.

He immediately turned off the engine and called us up. We went to see the rig with a mechanic. The first thing that the mechanic did was to inspect the dip stick. To our surprise the "oil" level was at the very top part of the dip stick. We thought that Mitsubishi over filled it during the last PMS. Upon closer inspection the "oil" was really diluted and it smelled like diesel fuel.

We had his rig towed to a shop and had it's injection pump checked. The bypass plug (I'm not really sure what the exact part name is) was busted. Diesel fuel was entering his engine! Good thing that diesel fuel is also some sort of lubricant. If it were a gas engine an overhaul would have been needed.

Apparently the incident on Edsa was the third or fourth time he noticed his rig spewing out white smoke and at the same time the engine vibrating/shaking rather excessively. These are early signs.

I suggest you have your rig's injection pump examined right away.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Johnart, I can start my rig in 1 click in cold morning. However, the body shake is very unusual at very low and erratic rpm. Just like you I have to step the accelarator for a moment until the rpm stabilized. I have noticed this for the last two weeks. I'm ruling out glow plugs or electrical stuff as I could bring to life the engine in one click. My battery is just 2 months old. Last time I replaced my fuel filter is 9mos ago and in that period I haven't bleed the filter (excpet of course when it was installed).

So can somebody post procedure on how to bleed the fuel filter
    ah ok sir

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    ui may mechanical term na pala to..'johnart predicament' hehe

heheh sir thats a good title sarap palitan ang title

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by axelangel007
    hard starting sa umaga ,pwedeng battery
    sulit kana sa battery mo 3 yrs na pwede ng palitan ,
    or pa check mo muna ang voltage nyan kung ok pa ,sa battery shop,

check heater glow plug ,

for verifying pero one start cya tapos patay

check starter (baka kailangan ng cleaning )

ayos pa kasi paulit ulit ang pag start ko

check injection pump (sa calibation center kailangan ng tamang idle adjustment or needs to be bleed)

this I have to try.

sabay check sa nozzles and fuel filter

bagong palit ang fuel filter original gamit ko

check fuel tank (baka me nahalong tubig, needs to be drain and clean)

na drain during the carbon cleaning

check fuel lines

I am assuming the carbon cleaning did the job. But nevertheless will have this done.

compression test

am having it scheduled

check engine
    sana hindi umabot sa ganito mahal

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4
    Johnart,

If there is excessive white smoke, the engine shakes/vibrates a lot, and you cannot control the rpm the problem is with the injection pump. Diesel fuel is getting into your engine. The injection pump's bypass plug is busted.

Pull out your dipstick and smell/feel the oil. If you can smell diesel fuel and/or if the oil is kind of diluted/thin (malabnaw) then this is the culprit.

A friend of mine with a Gen 2.5 experienced this last year. He was on Edsa and suddenly the 4m40 engine went wild - rpm went up to 4k and really excessive white smoke came out of the tail pipe. It was so excessive that vehicles/buses following him stopped or slowed down due to poor visibility.

He immediately turned off the engine and called us up. We went to see the rig with a mechanic. The first thing that the mechanic did was to inspect the dip stick. To our surprise the "oil" level was at the very top part of the dip stick. We thought that Mitsubishi over filled it during the last PMS. Upon closer inspection the "oil" was really diluted and it smelled like diesel fuel.

We had his rig towed to a shop and had it's injection pump checked. The bypass plug (I'm not really sure what the exact part name is) was busted. Diesel fuel was entering his engine! Good thing that diesel fuel is also some sort of lubricant. If it were a gas engine an overhaul would have been needed.

Apparently the incident on Edsa was the third or fourth time he noticed his rig spewing out white smoke and at the same time the engine vibrating/shaking rather excessively. These are early signs.

I suggest you have your rig's injection pump examined right away.
    ok sir will have the injector pump checked. pero sir this happens only during starting in the morning for the 1st 5 mins then after that even after the whole day its parked I can start the car with no problems in the afternoon or even in the evening. weird nga yung problem.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    battery check and nozzles

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
problem with my pajero