New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    hope for anybody's idea what would be the cause. Vehicle is a Pajero, automatic 1999 model, 2.8 diesel engine, mileage is at 53,000km

Here's the problem hard starting siya sa umaga. As long as it had stayed overnight parked. After I put the key and turn it I wait for the heater light to dissapear then I start the car. Now here's the weird thing the cars starts then after a few seconds like 10 to 20 seconds the cars starts to shake, smokes white smoke and dies. After this the real problem starts when I try to restart it takes a long time for the engine to start. I just keep on cranking the engine but it does not want to start. And when it finally starts the whole cars shakes and smoke a lot of white smoke and also dies. For me to make the car run and not die again , I have to step on the gas rev it at 1k. But the rev at 1k fluctuates between 800 to 1k. Its like I am stepping on the gas and releasing then stepping but in fact naka pirme lang ako. And at this stage the whole cars smoke even more white smoke and shakes. This takes at least 2 to 5 mins evertime I try to start the car. Now what could be the problem. This started a day after the summer has ended. Or when the temperature in the mornings started to become cold.

some of my thought and diy to fix the problem but failed

1. carbon cleaning after having it done I have my fuel filter changed still the same.

2. Before having the fuel filter change about 2 months ago and 200 kms before I used biodiesel with a concentration of 80%. The whole carbouy was filled in the tank when the fuel light lit up. around 20liters sa carbuoy and less than 10 liters sa tank.

3. I thought it could be the heater plugs ? Had then changed at 25k km ago but the cars starts naman pag 1st try and just dies afterwards. Kaya I ruled this one out.

4. Thought it could be overhaul kailangan na . But wala naman oil consumption and the oil is new around 500km palang.

am out of ideas whats your thoughts

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I'm not sure but you can also check your fuel injection nozzles. puwede ring glow plugs din, parang kulang sa init, kaya it starts and dies, kasi when I went up to Baguio last December ganun din nangyari sa akin. but when I got back to Manila okay na naman.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    I'm not sure but you can also check your fuel injection nozzles. puwede ring glow plugs din, parang kulang sa init, kaya it starts and dies, kasi when I went up to Baguio last December ganun din nangyari sa akin. but when I got back to Manila okay na naman.

thank you sir sa opinion

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    na check muna ba engine valve mu? tska mga valve seal? bka may singay na kaya may white smoke, try mu lng pabukas and have it checked, bka yun na yun.. :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken_09
    na check muna ba engine valve mu? tska mga valve seal? bka may singay na kaya may white smoke, try mu lng pabukas and have it checked, bka yun na yun.. :D

salamat sa reply sir, sige po try ko muna ang heater plugs bago ang top overhaul. sa mas mura muna

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's gonna be a strike-out process:

Try to check first your glow plugs again (did you use OEM or replacement?). Also, go over to a diesel center to have your injection pump, and nozzles checked as well (maybe they can also do an engine compression test).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had the same problem with my 2.8 pajero very recently and solved it by changing the glow plus, glow plug sensor, and finally the fuel filter. It took me two weeks of trial and error to get it. At the end, its just the fuel filter (barado na pala).

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    It's gonna be a strike-out process:

Try to check first your glow plugs again (did you use OEM or replacement?). Also, go over to a diesel center to have your injection pump, and nozzles checked as well (maybe they can also do an engine compression test).

baka nga glow plugs. had them changed 2 years ago. I hope its original ang it was replaced sa union motors ko pingawa. Thanks for the suggestion will go to a diesel center to try to elinimate the problem

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    i had the same problem with my 2.8 pajero very recently and solved it by changing the glow plus, glow plug sensor, and finally the fuel filter. It took me two weeks of trial and error to get it. At the end, its just the fuel filter (barado na pala).
    sir glow plugs sensor ? saan po yun ? The fuel filter just changed around 1 week ago. marumi nga yung luma because of the biodiesel. Mileage since last fuel filter chagne around 150km. So pwede ko na rule out yun. Up to now I just leave it in the garage and start it twice a week and not use it muna baka biglang ayaw nang magstart. BTW could it be possible that the battery could be the culprit ? its exactly 3 years today. motolite maintenance free. pero nilalagyan ko ng battery fluid para tumagal.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    di naman cguro battery..since it starts n cranks with no prob.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
problem with my pajero